Am I ready for a Mommy makeover? (photos)

I'm 5'10'' 210, 32 yrs old, very active. I committed to fitness about 3 years ago. My starting weight was 262. I got a low as 184 in the first year. I was eating 1000 cal and 3 hours a day of exercise. I couldn't maintain that routine. I've been between 195 - 215 for the past 2 years. I jog, elliptical, swim, weights, abs, low cal, low carb, low fat diet, no gluten. I just can't slim down my belly. It just continues to sag with my breasts. I loose in my legs and butt, which I want to keep thick.

Candidate for a Mommy Makeover

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  #Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Am I ready for a Mommy makeover?

From these photos, you seem to be a great candidate for a mommy makeover and should get a result you are very happy with. A full tummy tuck with a breast lift would address your areas of concern. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring and Aesthetic Breast Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Am I ready for a mommy makeover?

Hi, there.  Congratulations on your weight loss and good job maintaining the weight!  Based on your photos, you are ready for mommy makeover.  For any body contouring procedure, I ask my patients to get down to their stable, goal weight and be healthy.  The result of mommy makeover will be better if you can maintain your pre-operative weight.  Please consult with an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon.  He/she will examine you and be able to inform you if he/she can achieve your expectation.  Good luck!

Sounds like you are ready for a mommy makeover

It is important to be at a healthy stable weight.  Ideally a slightly lower weight would be preferred, but not if it is going to be unpleasant or impossible.  Given a story like yours I would typically tell my patients some of the limitations to surgery and if they accept that then proceed.  You will get a significant change and should be excited.  

Dr Rodger Shortt
Plastic Surgeon
Oakville, Ontario
Assistant Clinical Professor &
Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training Program,
McMaster University

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Mommy makeover

Stretched and sagging breasts are common after childrearing, but they don’t have to be a requirement of motherhood. Many mothers have made the choice to get back their beautiful, perky pre-baby breasts with a breast lift, which removes excess skin and tissue for a perkier, more lifted appearance.

The abdomen tends to experience the greatest change following pregnancy with stretch marks, loose skin and lower abdominal fat being the most common complaints. The abdominal muscles may also be stretched to the point that they remain separated in the midline, accentuating the patient’s lower abdominal bulge. Fat also redistributes with age, becoming concentrated in the lower abdomen.

To treat these problems, we perform a tummy tuck where we remove the excess skin and fat from the abdomen and tighten the muscles. You know the reality:  those stubborn fat areas and saggy skin can't be erased with diet and exercise. No matter how hard you’ve worked to get back in shape, if your abdomen still won’t completely retract, don’t blame yourself. Liposuction can help remove fat from stubborn areas like your legs. 

The fact that you are in active and live a healthy lifestyle will help your surgeon give you optimal results. Wherever you decide to do your surgery don't settle for less than a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Am I ready for a Mommy Makeover?

You do look like a good candidate for a mommy makeover. No matter how much you exercise if you have significant loose skin it can only be removed with surgery. That being said, you want to maximally lose as much as possible prior to skin reduction surgery. For the breasts you will likely need a lift and if you are looking for more fullness to the upper breast possibly and implant as well.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your question.  Based on your submitted photos you appear to be an excellent candidate for a "Mommy makeover" to produce beautiful overall results.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options, address your goals and work together to create a surgical plan that will best help you achieve your overall desired goals.

Best regards,
Dr. Lane F. Smith, MD
Plastic Surgeon

Lane Smith, MD

Am I ready for a Mommy makeover?

It sounds like you are doing everything right. A sensible diet and a good exercise program, and also you seem to be at a pretty stable weight with your BMI under 30. You're ready to start looking into getting your Mommy Makeover.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Do I have to lose more weight before my mommy makeover?

Ideally your weight should be stable before any body contouring surgery. Additional weight loss after body contouring can affect your results. If you are at a relatively stable weight that is comfortable and healthy for you and you have realistic expectations, then a mommy makeover of some variety should be able to help you improve how you look and feel. Mommy makeovers come in many different varieties and no two procedures are alike in terms of scar length, scar direction, muscle tightening and additional liposuction. At our practice, every mommy makeover is optimized to help you achieve your goals and newer techniques have allowed us to eliminate the use of drains for a more comfortable recovery. A board certified plastic surgeon should be able to help you determine the best choice for you.

Dr. Derby Sang

Hello. I think you're a good candidate to make the change you're looking for . Ideally if  you lose a few pounds more it would be even better but seeing your photos I think it would be very good final result at this weight. Always look for certified plastic surgeons in your area.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD