Will nose filler/non surgical rhinoplasty help to reduce the hump on my nose? (Photo)

I am wondering if fillers would work to reduce the hump on my nose. I like the front view on my nose but dislike the profile view. I am afraid surgery would change the parts of the nose I like, and since I basically like the width of my nose on the front view, I am ok with the angle of the tip. I think my skin is very thick too, so I think my nose could heal badly with rhinoplasty. Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks.

Non surgical rhinoplasty

Thank you for your photo. A non surgical rhinoplasty performed with filler will help blend the angles of your nose to make the lines appear more smooth. However, because you are filling in areas, you will be making the nose slightly larger in appearance in terms of the bridge. This can be performed with a hyaluronic acid filler such as VOLUMA which can also be reversed with a hyaluronidase injection in case you do not like the look. A surgical rhinoplasty can be performed with the scars on the inside of the nose to help shave down the hump. Thick skin is not particularly concerning in long smooth areas such as the bridge. Surgical rhinoplasty is permanent with more downtime. For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination. Best of luck!

Beverly Hills Physician

Surgical rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal

A nonsurgical rhinoplasty involves placement of fillers in the nose to make the nose bigger, not smaller. In addition, fillers are not FDA approved for that application, and can have significant complications. A surgical rhinoplasty is required to shave down the dorsal hump, and decrease the projection of the nose. Thick skin will be an impediment to seeing a very refined result, especially in the tip of the nose. For more information and many examples of dorsal hump removal with surgical rhinoplasty, please see the link and the video below

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty Candidate

You are a candidate for fillers but this can make the nose bigger, I tend to use a lot of voluma for this type of procedure.  Large bumps need surgical removal.  Seek an expert for treatment. Best, Dr. Emer.

Non-Surgical Nose Job

Thank you for your question in regards to a non-surgical nose job. It is difficult to tell from your photo, although fillers can help smooth out the appearance of a hump in the nose. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty

Based on your picture a nonsurgical rhinoplasty could raise the height of your bridge above the hump (radix) and straighten the profile. Computer imaging with your surgeon could help to determine whether this is a look you like or not.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Non-surgical rhinoplasties use filler to change the shape of the nose.

In a “liquid”, or “non-surgical” rhinoplasty, a combination of Botox and facial fillers are injected to achieve the desired result without a scalpel. In the right candidate, a Liquid Rhinoplasty can even out irregularities along the bridge of the nose, make the nose appear straighter, raise the nasal bridge, or camouflage a dorsal hump on the profile view. Although you are technically adding volume with filler, the end result is often a nose that appears smaller and more refined. The idea is to change the way light hits your nose, creating a kind of semi-permanent contour makeup on your nose. During a liquid procedure, ice is used to numb the skin, and small needles are used to inject filler and/or Botox. Not all nose concerns are amenable to liquid, non-surgical, rhinoplasty, but if you’re among the lucky (or unlucky, depending upon how you look at it), you can skip the pain and recovery of surgery. Results are dramatic and instant. I suggest seeking out a board certified injector with experience doing non-surgical rhinoplasties, as there is definitely a learning curve. Good luck!

Dara Liotta, MD