Will my nipples still sag? (Photos)

My doctor recommended me to get 375cc in my right and 400cc in my left as it was a naturally smaller breast and my rib stuck out more. I'm only two days post-op but I want to know if my nipples will continue to sag like this when the implants settle. The reason why I ask is cus I've seen posts where women got a nipple lift along with implants and my case was worse (from breastfeeding.) Also,want to know why I wasn't given that option? Also, why is my left still smaller?

Nipple Sag

Hello and thank you for your questions. It is too early in the healing process to determine your results. It takes about 3-6 months for implants to fully recover, and one side may heal faster then the other. Again, results may vary. If after the recovery period you are still concerned, please consult with your surgeon. Thank you and best of luck!

Breast Implants/Breast Reduction/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Will my nipples still sag? (Photos)

It's probably best to be as patient as possible.  You are too early in the healing process to make any real assessment of your final result.  One side may settle at a different rate than the other.  More than likely you won't have any real sag once things have healed.

Paul H. Rhee, MD, FACS
Castle Rock Plastic Surgeon

Nipple sag?

The photos do not give the full picture because of the angle and limited views. You are also very early post-op and you have to give it time to heal.  A small lift can always be performed after things settlee.

Will My Nipples Sag?

Technically, it is not your nipples that are sagging, but rather you have a redundancy of areolar skin directly above the nipples.  Because you, like many women, hold your baby below your breasts and because babies hold on to the nipple, sometimes there is a stretching of the nipple itself, but most often it is the areolar skin and not the nipple that stretches.  
The pictures you sent shows your nipples hanging down from above but well anchored at the juncture of the nipple and areola below.  This gives a snoopy nose deformity, not to the breast or the areola, but to the nipple.  This can be corrected easily by excision of a half moon of redundant areolar tissue from 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock just above the top of the nipple.  
As to why your surgeon did not do this as part of your original breast augmentation, many surgeons try to not complicate relatively straight forward surgeries.  The areola skin resection can be done at a later time under local at your plastic surgeon's office.  
You stated that your breasts were asymmetric and your plastic surgeon realized this and put a larger implant on the smaller side.  Therefore, he or she recognized the problem and attempted to cure it without an over correction.  At this early stage, I would recommend you make no judgements as to which breast is larger or smaller.  It has been my experience that when you have a smaller breast and you put a larger implant into a smaller breast, it takes time for the implant to stretch out the tighter tissue.  Give yourself and your plastic surgeon a break.  It is very common at this early stage to be concerned that things won't work out.  However, it appears to me that you had a great breast augmentation.  

Will nipple sag?

Thank you for your post.  As you are well aware, you are very early in the process.  Over time, the swelling will resolve, your tissues will stretch, and the implants will settle.  This process typically takes at least 3 months.  Only then can you make a faithful determination of your breast size, shape, and symmetry.  Keep in mind that one side may heal at a different rate than the other.  As far as your question about a "nipple" lift, I am not sure if  perhaps you are talking about a "breast" lift which does change the position (height) of the nipple and areola.  A lift is recommended most commonly for a sagging or "ptotic" breast which is seen in cases where the nipple position is very low relative to the fold underneath the breast.  Without preoperative photos it is difficult to tell if this would have been an appropriate thing for you.  Based on your photos however, I suspect a lift was not necessary and you should expect a beautiful result.  Good luck!

Very difficult in my opinion to answer your questions due to...

the bandages, unnatural positioning of the camera, recent swelling etc.  Give it some time, your surgeon will have your best interests in mind. 

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Nipple sagging

is not likely to improve as its a reflection of loss of tissue around your areola  Focus on your implant position now and once achieved, then you can ask your surgeon for options for making your nipples more pert if they do not perk up as you hope for.  As for doing the procedure at the same time, it is an add on procedure and if you did not clearly point this issue out to your surgeon, it will not be addressed.  At least its a simple fix and when you get a cost estimate from your surgeon, you can call around and compare with others.  

Curtis Wong, MD