Over 4 months post op - nose tip dropped a little too much. I had a septorhinoplasty in early June of this year.

Initially my nose looked perfect with a well defined tip that was slightly curved upwards. My nose still looks nice and the swelling seems to a have subsided. After 2 months, the tip started to move a lot and is just slightly pointing down. The tip is not fully attached to the bridge and can be pushed down when I touch it. When I smile, my nose slants down. I really think I may just need a tip rotation revision Im happy otherwise. Can this be done with local anesthesia in an office visit?

Dropped tip

The causes for this are several possibilities. Sometimes it is supratip swelling that can be reduced with injection of steroid and /or taping techniques.  If in fact you need more tip support, yes, that can often be accomplished under local anesthesia depending upon several factors.

4 months post op. some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD