Lots of swelling under breasts. (photos)

I saw my dr yesterday and he said it looks like swelling. He also told me he did not do the lollipop incision all the way down. So not sure if that has something to do with this extra bulge under my breast crease. More so on the left breast then the right. Any ideas or things I can do if it is swelling? Massage or ice? I'm 1 week post op and always wearing my compression/sport bra garmet recommended by my MD.

Post Op Swelling

Swelling and tissue constriction can cause distortion post op which will usually resolve by 2-3 weeks post op. I recommend that you try to give it some time before evaluating shape/outcome, but do let your Plastic Surgeon know if you have ongoing concerns or problems.

All the best

After breast lift

Hi and thanks for your question. It is very early in your recovery time, after breast lift they may look weird in many different ways, sewlling, asymmetry, high, etc. it usually takes about 6 to 8 weeks to have a close idea of final result. Keep in touch with your plastic surgeon and follow his instructions.

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

You should avoid getting other recommendations

when in the acute recovery phase as you are.  You chose your surgeon for certain reasons and you have a trust and bond that should allow you to put all of your confidence in him/her.  As for your photos, in the absence of changes in your breast size, the bulge is likely related to the vertical incision not going all the way down so you just have some extra skin.  Allow yourself to heal and if the bulge persists, your surgeon will have a fix for you.  So stay in contact with your surgeon, let him/her know of your concerns, and get ll the reassurances that you need from your surgeon.

Curtis Wong, MD