I have a pinched and upturned nose 8 months post rhinoplasty. Is it time to consider revision rhinoplasty? (photos)

1) What can be done to fix the appearance? 2) Should I go to a different plastic surgeon? 3) Do I have to wait hours the full 12 months or can I go under the knife again now?

I have a pinched and upturned nose 8 months post rhinoplasty. Is it time to consider revision rhinoplasty?

Dear lallieuBased on your photos, I agree that a revision rhinoplasty can improve the shape of your nose. I would recommend you discuss what your surgeon would do in a revision with him or her. I would also recommend an additional 2-3 consultations with plastic surgeons in your area that perform many rhinoplasties. Based on the collective information, you will be able to make a good decision. By the time you have seen your surgeon and  a couple of consults, you should be able to schedule your surgery safely.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Hello lallieu, Thanks for the question.  I think you should wait the full 12 months to evaluate the true final results.  From there you can determine if you want a revision rhinoplasty procedure.  I would speak with your first surgeon, but if you don't feel comfortable with them, then consult with a revision rhinoplasty specialist with extensive experience in ethnic rhinoplasty.  Good luck, Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

POST RHINOPLASTY CONCERNS

Dear lallieu, I would contact your surgeon for a follow up appointment and discuss your concerns. It is pertinent to wait until all of the swelling has dissipated before moving forward with a revision procedure. This is typically one year post surgery for most patients. You may want to get a copy of your original pre-operative photographs as well as a copy of your operative report in case you decide to seek a second opinion. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

SECONDARY RHINOPLASTY

It is important to wait until all the swelling on the nose is gone and the scar tissue on the nose gets soft, so the next surgery it is easier to perform and have more predictable results. Also you need to wait to see the final result and the surgeon, will have a better idea about the procedure he/she may need to do. One year is usually the average time needed to see the final results and also for the scar tissue to be soft.

Revision rhinoplasty for multiple issues.

You can see your surgeon and if unhappy get a second opinion as to what to do. Look at the results of noses like yours the experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon has done and by the time you have done this you can have a revision. Look for Natural results!