Am I good candidate for Lipo or mini tummy tuck? (photos)

I am a mother of two and planing on one more in the future. In the meanwhile what are my options for my abdomen can I get away with Lipo or a mini tummy tuck ? Please help

Tummy tuck/liposuction

Looks like you can benefit from liposuction and a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening for a flatter abdomen and liposuction of all areas for a better contour after you are done having kids,please consult with a board certified PS.   Best of luck!

Tummy Tuck

Hi jbt14,

Thank you for the pictures and questions. Based on the pictures you submitted it looks as if you would benefit from a full tummy tuck. I suggest moving forward with this procedure after you are done having children.  Best of Luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Wait until after childbearing to have tummy tuck

A future pregnancy will likely undo the benefits of a tummy tuck so it is best to wait. You could have liposuction for some improvement, but it will not improve skin tone.

Richard Baxter, MD

Full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction.  This will flatten the muscles, reconstruct your core muscular corset, revise the belly button, eliminate the stretch marks from the belly button to the pubic hairline, and remove the loose skin and fat of the anterior abdomen.

I would suggest liposuction if anything since you are planning on another child. Once you are done having children you seem like you would get a great result with a full tummy tuck. Best wishes. 
Dean Vistnes, MD.Vistnes Plastic SurgerySan Francisco Bay Area
#drdeanvistnes #realself #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. If you want another child in the next years then i would hold off the TT for the moment. You can do Lipo at this time and then in the future think about a Tummy Tuck. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Am I good candidate for Lipo or mini tummy tuck?

If you are planning to have another child, then I would recommend waiting before considering any type of tummy tuck surgery. Another pregnancy would restretch the abdominal muscles and would essentially undo the tightening effect of the tummy tuck surgery. I don't think that liposuction will give any significant benefit, when the main procedure that you would benefit from is actually a full tummy tuck. A full tummy tuck will tighten the abdominal muscles in the upper and lower abdomen. A mini tummy tuck will flatten the lower tummy, but leave the upper tummy with a bulge. 

Lipo vs TT with plans for more kids

At this point if you are planning on having another child, a TT would not be advised. If you are wanting to improve your abdominal contour now and want to have another child, liposuction would be the best treatment option for you. Investing in Either lipo or a TT at this point with the thought of increasing the size of your family in the near future might be futile, waiting until you are done having children would always be the safe bet.

Lipo or Mini TT?

Thanks for your question.  Since you are planning another pregnancy I would delay a tummy tuck of any sort and simply consider liposuction to reduce the fat pad beneath your skin.  The result would be modest and best determined by face to face exam, but at least would help and not be reversed by the stretching of your next pregnancy.Meet with an ABPS Bd Certified surgeon and discuss options and preferences before proceeding.  Regards and enjoy your results.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Liposuction, Mini Tummy Tuck or Full Abdominoplasty

When you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for tummy work, one of the first questions you will hear is are you planning to have more children. This is because pregnancy often causes abdominal laxity. If you were done having children, a full Tummy Tuck would give the best result. This is because the main problem is laxity of your abdominal muscles, and the only way to tighten these, top to bottom, is surgical, via a full Abdominoplasty.Overall, your belly is in pretty good shape. Since you are planing to have another child, the full Tummy Tuck should be delayed. Liposuction and Mini Tummy Tucks will not fix the primary problem, the muscle laxity. Liposuction will remove some of the fat between the skin and muscle on the lower belly, while a mini tummy tuck will also tighten some of the lower belly skin. It is hard to guess your results without seeing you, but I would expect the change to be subtle, and neither will do much for your upper abdomen.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon