Filler in marionette lines or cheeks? (photos)

I'm almost 43 and beginning to see pre-jowls and slight marionette lines (seems more pronounced on right side). Would filler in marionette lines or jaw help? (I don't want to add fullness to my lower face.) Or is more of a volume loss issue? And if it's the latter, would filler in cheeks help to lift the area? I've never had fillers. Not interested in a face lift.

Fillers vs Ultherapy

Very hard to gauge without a history and complete examination including an understanding of your expectations. You have a few choices, ideally Ultherapy for mild to moderate laxity. This will improve your skin one. Jawline and chin can be contoured and mid facial volume addressed with Juvederm Voluma. I think this combination is best, however if you decide only on one treatment, it would be filler. 
All the best in your decisions, Dr Davin Lim Lasre and aesthetic dermatologistBrisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Voluma for the cheeks

Thank you for your question Laperl. Fillers can be used to treat various signs of aging. One reason we get marionette lines and jowls is due to volume loss in the upper cheeks. By restoring this volume with fillers like Voluma, one can restore the youthful apple of the cheek while simultaneously addressing the cause of marionette lines and jowls. Patients can enjoy their results with Voluma for up to two years with optimal correction. Please consult a doctor for specific recommendations. Good  luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Filler in marionette lines or cheeks

Hi there.  Well, first of all it would be helpful for anyone who evaluates you to see you in person and get a few extra photos.  In general, however, there does appear to be some flattening in your malar (cheek areas), and filler (such as Voluma) in this area may very well be the best first approach.  This would give you some lift and potentially make your nasolabial folds appear less pronounced.  This does not necessarily give the results you're looking for in the pre-jowl and marionette regions, which may require a bit of additional filler to achieve desired results.  I do agree with you that you don't want your lower face to look full...just more youthful.