My BUN/Creatinine is High (photo)

I was wondering if I can get Lipo/bbl surgery if my BUN/Creatinine Ratio is high? Mine is 27 and the norm is 8-20. Help!!! Thank you

Labs Out of Wack?

Hi and great question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching the procedure.

It sounds like you have already had your labs drawn.  Was this done in preparation for your surgery?  If so, you should speak with your surgeon.  If not, then I would want to know why you are having your labs drawn.  Because that reason alone may mean you should wait on Surgery.

The ratio is important, but the numbers (or Values) for BUN and Cr are equally important, and would need to be known in order to answer your question.  I recognize this is not the best answer to your question; but I wanted to discuss the thought process with you.

Best of Luck!

Matthew J Nykiel, MD
Butt Augmentation Specialist
#RealSelfTopDoctor
#RealSelfCoreDoctor 

Labs

It sounds like you are concerned about your laboratory results.   Your surgeon is qualified to review your history with your laboratory results in detail.   It sounds like you also  need to review your results with your primary care physician (who knows your past history)to see if further workup is needed.   It is always wise to get a clearance from your primary care doctor since that physician knows your history in detail.

Kenneth Sumida, MD
Folsom Plastic Surgeon

BBL - Ratios

The ideal candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift is in good general health, has an appropriate quantity of unwanted stomach fat, and has realistic expectations of what can be achieved through the procedure. Those potential candidates who are not, generally, living a healthy lifestyle or at a stable weight will see diminished results in comparison to a candidate living a healthy and active lifestyle.

As for your ratio to BUN to creatinine you may need to have a pre-surgical clearance to evaluate the levels.

Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and goals.

- Frederick G. Weniger, MD, FACS, MBA
Weniger Plastic Surgery
(843) 757-0123