Am I a good candidate for Smart Lipo in the abdomen/ flanks and possibly back with fat transfer in hips/ butt? (Photo)

26 y/o with two kids, 6 and 1 my last pregnancy ended up being a CSection. 2 mos post partum I started working out regularly 5 x a week and still continue. So far I lost 40 lbs of my pregnancy weight and everything seems to be toningt up well except for my stomach area. My eating habits are very good and healthy and clean eating about 1500 cals a day. I do cardio 20-45 mins a day then strength tak rained for about 30-45 mins. Still struggle to loose the pooch

Smartlipo candidate?

You pose a very common question that I hearin my practice.  Your photos are excellent, but it is still not possible to totally evaluate you without a physical exam. When evaluating an abdomen I look at skin fat and muscle. Your skin is on the marginal side. However I think that laser liposuction would potentially shrink this. Your fat content  appears to be perfect for liposuction  Without a physical exam it is not possible to evaluate your muscle separation. If you have significant muscle separation then you definitely need an Abdominoplasty . As for your question about fat transfer, it is possible to transfer fat from the areas you don't like to the buttock area. However it is not possible to do this with smart LIpo because the laser liposuction destroys the fat cells. Another type of liposuction would have to be performed and this type would not be as good for skin tightening as laser liposuction

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

The back and sides need lipo, the front needs a tummy tuck to get tight smooth and flat

You're in great physical shape, but you have sustained permanent damage to the skin and muscles of the abdomen due to pregnancy. It's got nothing to do with fat and fat removal will do nothing to correct it. Your muscles have separated in the midline producing a gap known as a diastasis. This is the cause of your potbelly pooch and is only curable with abdominoplasty. Liposuction of the back and sides will be quite effective at improving the contours, but not in the front.

Smartlipo vs tummy tuck

Thanks for your inquiry. This is likely not the answer you were hoping for, but I really think you would be better served with a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty). Laser liposuction (Smartlipo) is a great tool, but it will not be able to tighten enough of the excess skin that you have. In fact, it potentially could make that worse. I'm glad to hear about your diet & exercise routine, and definitely encourage that. But, the pregnancies have caused the stretched skin that only a TT can remove. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction candidate

It's difficult without seeing you in person if liposuction of any type will correct the problem that bothers you. If you have good thick skin elasticity in the area and the area is just fat then Liposuction should definitely address the problem. If there are stretch marks and loose skin, or separation of the underlying muscles that are causing the problem, a tummy tuck would be a better option. See a board certified plastic with an expertise in body contouring in your area for a detailed consultation. They should be able to answer your concerns more specifically. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, MD
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction or tummytuck

You are a perfect candidate for a tummytuck. You mention that you already have a c. section scar, therefore the tummytuck scar would replace that scar but be a little longer , from hip to hip.Though the scar looks scary in photos, I have never had a patient complain about the scar because it is so low and easily hidden. Furthermore, the correction that can be achieved is well worth the scar, especially in your case , because you are an ideal candidate. You are in great shape and at your ideal body weight , so the only problem is localized to the lower abdomen and caused by your pregnancies. A tummytuck would correct the muscle separation by suturing a corset stich to join the muscles back together and create what you might describe as an internal corset. Then the excess skin is cut off (hence getting rid of most of the stretch marks) and the remaining skin pulled down like a window shade to give you a board tight abdomen like you probably had before pregancy. .Liposuction could be performed from any areas of undesired fat to inject into the buttocks for buttock enhancement. If the fat is to be reinjected, it should not be lasered ( Smartlipo)but obtained with minimal trauma via low pressure liposuction.Smartlipo would likely be inadequate to tighten the lax skin and stretch marks.I would highly recommend a tummytuck. You won't regret it

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring WITH TUMMY TUCK -- FEMALE HI DEF CONTOURING

Based on this phtos you are a great candidate for liposuction with fat transfer but will need a tummy tuck to get a flat stomach with contour and shape. I suggest a VASER 4D contouring physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lipo/Smartlipo

You seem to be in good shape but have several problem areas of fat that you want to address. You would be a great candidate to do liposuction fat harvesting of your flanks, including your love handles and your waist; then transfer the fat to your buttocks for enhancement. Since you have much stretched skin of your abdomen with some bulging that may be from separation of muscles, the best method to give you a flat stomach would be a tummy tuck with muscle plication. Good Luck.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN