11 months post rhinoplasty indentation on left side. Can it be fixed? (Photos)

The left nostril is showing some indentation. It actually looks more like discoloration. I didn't have this prior to the surgery. If you notice in the picture, there is a line towards the bottom of the left nostril. My surgeon is completely booked for months out. Is this something I should be really concerned about? Is this considered to be an emergency visit? I'm not happy with this dent. It's so obvious I've had work done. What can be done to fix this? Thank you

11 months post rhinoplasty indentation on left side. Can it be fixed?

Dear Vagabond I agree that there is a noticeable indentation and that it needs to be addressed. You should make an appointment to see your surgeon electively. Listen to his suggestions. If unsure, consider a second opinion. Look for experienced and properly trained plastic surgeon, certified by the American Board of  Plastic surgery. See more than one consultation and make a well informed decision.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Post rhinoplasty indentation

It does appear to be an indentation. It will probably not get better. Although this is not an emergency I would still make sure to let your surgeon know about your discontent. Most surgeons will want to rectify or at least address the situation for you. There are several options, the easiest being placement of filler injected in the nostril rim to the most invasive being placement of a graft to correct the depression. Your surgeon should be able to make the appropriate decision based on what was done during surgery, your skin quality and history. 

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

Post Rhinoplasty Concerns

Dear vagabond15, Regardless if your surgeon is booked out for months as many of us are I am always available to see any post operative patient whenever they need to be seen. Contact the office and schedule a follow up appointment so a proper diagnosis can be made. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Dent in nose

Your issue is clearly visible.  Communicate your concerns to your surgeon.  The indentation is best corrected with smaller, revisional surgery. The indentation most likely was not visible at the end of surgery.  After the surgery the healing tissues constricted or moved creating your issue.  This is not an emergency, but you should communicate with your surgeon so you can hear your options and move forward with fixing it.

George Orloff, MD, FACS
Burbank Plastic Surgeon

NOSE INDENTATION

Discuss your concern with your surgeon. If that is more discoloration, then the approach may be different as you may need some skin treatment, if is an indentation, you may need a small revision, like a small amount of filler to improve it, in the mean time you get some thing more definitive.

Revision rhinoplasty for the alar retraction etc.

See your surgeon first and tell him you want this done. Otherwise see an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses to fix this.