Breasts have stopped developing? (photos)

my breasts have been the same size & shape since 17. I'm 19 now. And if u observe the pictures, u will see that my left breast is bigger than the right one & it's extremely noticeable. Tho, i think it was because of my left rib (which is slightly higher compared to right one. I've done xray once and they said I have abnormal size of heart ) :/ I can't even fit to the fullest of the smallest size of bra. Should I see a doctor? & is there any symptoms of having cancer or whatnot? Please...

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation.

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos. Small and asymmetric breasts are common. If you would like to discuss surgical options to enlarge your breasts, I recommend that you book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss options.

All the best

Hi-

Having asymmetric breasts is absolutely normal. If the size of your breasts bothers you you may want to consider a breast augmentation surgery. First and foremost you may need to see your primary care doctor to be sure you don't  have any medical condition that may make it unsafe for you to undergo elective surgery. Look for a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and go over the best option for you. Good Luck!

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Chest and breasts asymmetry

Dear Lis,

Thanks for submitting your pictures. From observing your picture you appear to have  very small A cup size breasts with asymmetry - left is slightly bigger and chest asymmetry - left chest ribs are protruding more.         Breasts augmentation is the perfect way to improve on your asymmetry, by using different size implants (preferably saline) . This procedure will be one of the best investments in yourself, because it will increase your confidence, your self esteem, your sense of femininity and will make shopping fun....

As far as breasts growth, theoretically, the breasts can grow up to age 22-24, however if your breasts size did not change in the last 2 years, it is unlikely that your breasts , suddenly, will start growing.

In regard to breasts cancer, you are too young to have that problem, unless you have family history of cancer or definite hard lumps are palpable in the breasts.  If you do not have chest pain, shortness of breath or heart palpitation, most likely the chest asymmetry is just constitutional or cosmetic. To put your mind at ease, ask your  family doctor to order a CT scan , just to rule out any malignant abnormality.

Remember, not all breasts augmentation results are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good outcome. So, do your due diligence carefully and choose your surgeon wisely, in order to avoid bad result and need for corrective surgery.

Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking.

Dr Widder

Have my breasts stopped developing?

Thanks for your question. Have your breasts stopped developing? - yes. The caveat being that a woman's breasts are not fully developed until you've been pregnant and breast fed. You are correct, that you have some asymmetry between your right and left breast. This type of asymmetry is common. The asymmetry may be from one of your ribs being more prominent. Not sure about the comment re: the size of your heart.  I also think cancer is unlikely. Please consult with a  board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. You would most likely benefit from a breast augmentation. Best of luck!

John L. Clayton, MD, PhD, MPH
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast development stopped

The photos that you have posted are not uncommon. You appear to have breast and chest wall disparity. This can be corrected with a breast augment with saline or silicone breast implants, filling the salines a different amount on each side or using different size silicone gel implants. Both the roundness and projection can be made more eve.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Needs Evaluation

You should see your regular physician or gynecologist first for an evaluation of your breasts for cancer (extremely unlikely and remote) and any congenital medical issues.

Your breasts can be evened out with breast implant surgery by a plastic surgeon.