Can Voluma help with the smile lines around the eyes by plumping up the cheek area?

Can Voluma help smile lines?

Thank you for your question. Voluma is designed specifically to treat the mid-face area by restoring volume lost during the natural aging process or as you mentioned “plumping up the cheek area.” If you were my patient I would recommend a combination of Voluma and Botox. Botox is an effective way to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles.

No, the best treatment for the smile lines around the eyes is Botox® Cosmetic or Xeomin®. In general, the skin around the eyes is so thin that filler injected into it can appear "bumpy"

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Yes, Voluma may benefit the smiles around your eyes, usually in combination with Botox

Voluma is not appropriate for the dynamic fine "crows feet" lines, but by injecting it more deeply into the cheek area it can diminish the lines combination with Botox.

Ernest Robinson, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lines around eyes

Voluma is my treatment of choice for when patients are complaining of the lines that come down over the cheekbone from the eye area when they smile.  Often a combination of botox and voluma works well.  Voluma is a 2 year hyaluronic acid filler.

Marla M. Klein, MD
Lake Oswego Dermatologic Surgeon

Benefits of Voluma

Thank you for your question! Voluma is a wonderful hyaluronic acid filler that has multiple benefits. Whether it's restoring the volume in the cheek area we lose as aging occurs or to give the illusion of more defined cheek bones. By the instant lift voluma not only restores volume and "plumps" the cheek region but also it softens the smile lines we refer to as Nasal Labial Folds and there's a chance it can soften the appearance of the under eye region. Sometimes voluma is all that is needed to achieve someone's desired result, however for the smile eyes around the eyes - typically referred to as crows feet botox is a good option in addition to the voluma. I will also sometimes inject a small amount of belotero for the under eye region as well. I would suggest consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon so that you can explore your options and see what would work best for you.

M. Azhar Ali, MD, FACS
Bloomfield Hills Plastic Surgeon

Voluma is a great for adding volume and lift to the mid-face

Voluma is a great filler to use to restore volume and lift to the mid-face.  As we age we lose fat in the mid-face area which results in more sagging of the skin and the dreaded lines.  I think adding Voluma to mid-face area up through the cheekbones would result in a nice softening of your crows feet around the eyes.  Another area that might be nice for your in order to lift and minimizing crows feet would be to do some Voluma or other filler in the temple area.  You would have to consult a professional to see if you might be a candidate for this. Also doing a laser and some botox in the area would help you minimize the lines around the eyes.  Good luck!

Clarissa Kroese, DO
Troy Family Physician

Voluma helps with many facial shadows and lines

Voluma helps to improve many facial shadows and lines.  If you want to optimize the smoothing of lines around your eyes, I suggest adding some Botox in that area.  

Good luck!

Daniel Levy, MD
Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Though the mainstay of treatment for periocular wrinkles is one of the neuromodulators, such as Botox, the wrinkles that persist along the lower eyelid can be improved with the cheek support afforded by Voluma.  Hope this helps.

Voluma and crow's feet

Voluma injections into the cheeks can help improve the smile lines or crow's feet.  Always seek treatment from a qualified professional.  Good luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

I use voluma all the time to lift the cheeks and contour the smile lines. I suggest you see an expert this is often best combined with sculptra to get even more contouring.  Dr. Emer.