I just found out that at what will be 8 days post mommy makeover and have a party to attend. Can I physically do it?

It is a company party that starts in the afternoon and goes through most of the night. I have not been talking a lot about my surgery so not sure if they even know about it. What can I wear that will still look ok? How long will I physically be able to be up and moving? Is drinking completely out?

Mommy makeover recovery

At 8 days after your surgery you will be able to move around, but you will tire easily and still be sore.  You may or may not have drains at this point as well.  If you are having liposuction, you may still have bruising. Clothing may be challenging if you have a garment and/or drains to hide.  Alcohol will be out of the question if you are still taking narcotic based pain medicine.  Remember, most patients take two weeks off work to recover after this surgery.

Party in 8 days?

No, time is too short for adequate healing, alcohol consumption slows this, and you may cause a complication this early after surgery. Seroma formation is very likely  at that point in your recovery

Max Gouverne, MD
Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon

Party to Attend 8 days after Mommy Makeover

Thanks for the question.  I use Exparel with my patients and it works very well to speed up recovery, but even with this, I think it would be a great challenge to attend the party for that length of time.  Narcotics and alcohol cannot be mixed and you will also still have pain and be quite tired.  Check with your plastic surgeon to see what advice he/she would give you.  Good luck!!

Mommy make-over - party to attend on day 8

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • First, ask your surgeon.if Exparel injections are available.
  • These greatly reduce your pain after a tummy tuck and speed your recovery.
  • With Exparel, someone can take you to the party, with loose clothes and no alcohol...you may last an hour. If you can sit down all the time, you might last two hours. .
  • Without Exparel, don't try it - you will look and feel awful and everyone will want to know what's wrong.
  • If you were my patient, I would help you devise an excuse for not attending that doesn't require you to lie -
  • Doing too much after surgery - and a mommy make-over is a lot of surgery - increases your risk of a complication.
  •  Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

I just found out that at what will be 8 days post mommy makeover and have a party to attend.

Congratulations on  the decision to proceed with mommy makeover surgery.   Although recovery experiences will vary from one patient to another, most patients will not feel up to attending a "party" for several hours, only eight days out of extensive surgery. If the event is important to you, you may be able to sit for a short period of time.   Otherwise, I would suggest that you abstain.  Best wishes.

Party in 8 Days

I would not recommend you go to a party 8 days after surgery.  Of course, this depends on the procedures you are having done.  You will be wearing compression garments, there could be drains, bruising, and you may be taking medication.  As long as you are taking medication, alcohol should be avoided.  Discuss this with your surgeon as he knows exactly what will be done in your surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Healing and Activity Following a Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.    Healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks. #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting.As I advise my patients, if your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it. If your work is strenuous, wait until your work activity does not cause any superficial pain. 
Some employers will modify a person’s job duties so they can back sooner, but without physical activity. Our office can provide our patients with a note stating they are not to engage in strenuous activity for a specified period of time. The note will not disclose what procedure they have underwent. Therefore, you may have to request a similar note from your surgeon if you are not independently employed. I recommend avoiding heavy lifting and strenuous #activity for six weeks following your surgery. With that said, it may help you plan your return to work accordingly. As for heavy lifting and other #strenuous #activities, it should be avoided for until you have clearance from your surgeon. You may, however, do normal activities at any time if they cause no pain or #discomfort. Let your body tell you what you can or cannot do. Aerobic exercise will raise your blood pressure, which could cause late bleeding and harm your result. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!!  If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

What procedures are you getting as part of your mommy makeover? At 8 days post op you will likely still require pain medication, so driving is out of the question. You will be very swollen so clothing will either not fit or be very tight. You will swell more and more all the way to day 14 post op then you start to shrink. If you are having a tummy tuck or liposuction as part of your procedures, you will be wearing a compression garment, which can be difficult to hide under certain clothing. Drinking is not a smart idea especially if you are still taking pain medication but also because it can lead to increased swelling (water retention). If you are having a tummy tuck, you might still be slightly bent forward.