Will my brow muscles be where they once were when Dysport wears off? Just don't want recruited muscles to take over

Hi I am having some muscle recruitment from a bad dysport experience. only the sides of my eyebrows will go up and back in a way. really strange looking. just want to make sure these muscles wont take over once the dysport wares off and my brow muscles will be as they once were before the treatment. thank you

Don't worry

Interesting question, but nothing to worry about here. You will not have recruited new muscles while the Dypsort or Botox is in effect.  Over time, in fact, you may notice atrophy of the muscles which have been treated, giving you more long lasting treatment results.

Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon

Will brow muscles return?

Thank you for your question. I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Yes, your brow muscles will return to the position they were in prior to injection once the Dysport wears off. If you have injections done in the future, I recommend you see a Board Certified plastic surgeon experienced in injections.

Dysport disappointment

it is unfortunate that this has happened. I'm not sure if this is your first time. The nice thing about the neuromodulaters like dysport is that they do wear off and the muscles go back to normal (that can also be considered the bad thing about them, but there we are). The irregularity may even be able to be corrected beforeit wears off. Just make sure that you are seeing and accredited physician run practice that can deal with problems such as yours.

Rick Balharry, MD
Calgary Physician

Dysport muscle effects?

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience so far. The effect of the Dysport will eventually go away and the muscle function should return to normal. In the meantime, you should discuss your concerns with your injector or find an expert level injector who can help you. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Strange Eyebrow Mobility Dysport/Botox/Xeomin -- Better Technique, Fewer Units, Wait 3-4 Months for Return to Normal

Once the Dysport wears off, your eyebrows should be where they were before treatment. This sounds like an injector error. Please find an expert injector. Best, Dr. Emer

Will my brow muscles be where they once were when Dysport wears off?

Thanks for your question and we always recommend that you have a consultation with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who understand the most about these medicines and if needed, can work with things like you are describing to correct things if needed.  In any event, once the Dysport wears off – 3-4 months in most cases – everything will revert back to normal and the muscles will be fine.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Bad Dysport, what happens afterwards?

Everything should go back to its original state when the Dysport wears off. If there is any strengthening of abnormal muscles during treatment, this should all return to normal very quickly. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Brow treatment

Typically Dysport and Botox treatments last for 4 months. You will regain use of your brow muscles again once the action of the Dysport resolves. I would recommend that you speak with your treating physician however so they can assist you further if needed.

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician