Are there any doctors in/ around Michigan comfortable with performing breast augmentation on a pre op transgender woman? (photo)

I'm a trans woman in MI looking for a doctor who is comfortable with performing breast augmentation on transgender women. I've been on hormones for 14 months and have small breast development, I have a tiny frame (age 26, 5'5" and about 110 lbs with a small A cup), I haven't had gender reassignment surgery which apparently is a necessary step before some doctors will perform surgery on me from most that I've talked to. I'm looking for a doctor around southern MI but I'll consider a doctor in IN or Ill.

Breast Augmentation

By your photos you appear to be an excellent candidate for breast augmentation. Also, by your description of counseling and hormonal changes it appears that you are fully committed and taking the appropriate steps in your desired journey.

Several physicians have forwarded lists of plastic surgeons in the ASPS and ASAPS so I will not duplicate those. I am a member of both and also provide a distance discount for those seeking surgery in our geographical area. I would be happy to consult to make sure we both feel that there is a good working relationship and that your goals are something I feel I can meet. Good luck. 

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Are there any doctors in/ around Michigan comfortable with performing breast augmentation on a pre op transgender woman?

I have done breast augmentations in MTF patients at different points in their transition. Based on the pictures, you seem to be a good candidate for it. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Transgender surgery

Dr. Alison Shore in Chicago, Illinois does a considerable number of top surgeries for transgender patients. Best of luck, Dr. Meghan Nadeau, Seattle, WA

Meghan Nadeau, MD

Thank you for your question. I am attaching a link to the american society of plastic surgeons website that will allow you to search for board-certified plastic surgeons in your area. It will give you a list of physicians based on their distance from your location. Hope that this helps.

Transgender breast augmentation

You can start by looking on the ASPS or ASAPS websites for surgeons in your area.  A breast augmentation is fairly straighforward.  Best of luck.

Breast augmentation on a pre op transgender woman?

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Ultimately, you will need to feel comfortable that your chosen plastic surgeon has the experience and ability to achieve the outcome you will be pleased with.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to transgender patients who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to transgender patient breast augmentation) helps.

Breast Augmentation - Finding a plastic surgeon?

Thank you for your question. Finding the proper surgeon is critical to the success of your breast augmentation. It is best to look on the ASPS website to find a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast procedures. Board certified plastic surgeons have the appropriate training to perform the procedures you desire. It is also imperative to have the procedure performed in a properly accredited facility. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of your surgeons work. Hope this helps and good luck!