What Breast Lift Technique Would You Recommend? (photo)

One of my breasts is larger than the other and I'd like to make them more symmetrical. My current size is 38DD. I would not like to go larger but I wouldn't mind going slightly smaller (D size). Like most women I'm hoping to minimize the amount of scarring. I would love a professional's opinion, Thank you.

What Breast Lift Technique Would You Recommend

If the smaller side is the size that you like, I would suggest a vertical lift on the left, and a reduction on the right, either with a vertical or anchor pattern. Thank you for your question and for the photos. 

Sounds like you need a lollipop incision

A vertical lift (with a lollipop incision) on the left side and a small vertical reduction and lift on the right side will improve your symmetry in volume and shape.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Best Type of Breast Lift for Me?

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although your concerns regarding scarring are quite common and understandable, I would recommend the vertical mastopexy/augmentation procedure to you. I find that this procedure will  more likely achieve a pleasant breast shape and provides for much more control of the size/shape/symmetry of the areola,  compared to the circumareolar mastopexy procedure.

I would suggest that you select your plastic surgeon carefully. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. Do not base your decision of procedure (or surgeon) on minimizing scars only;  this is definitely a situation where it is best to do  the best operation (even if more scarring is involved) than ending up with a result that you are not pleased with ( even though fewer scars are involved).

You may find that the presence of scars are a “dealbreaker”; in which case, you may want to avoid having any type of breast surgery.

Breast lift options

With all due respect to Dr. Gottleib, I do not agree that all you need is a periareolar lift as this is rarely a stand alone lift without an implant and cannot correct the assymetry you have.  Also, it does not give you a great shape but rather, it flattens the middle of the breast and leaves the lower pole baggy.  In your case the smaller breast is just lifted and the larger one is slightly reduced to match.  I'd suggest that you meet several Board Certified plastic surgeons for an in person exam and discussion. 

What Breast Lift Technique Would You Recommend?

Thank you for your question and photos. This is a very common condition that you present with. I would recommend a bilateral vertical breast lift (small amount of breast tissue to be removed from the larger size for symmetry). This technique, which I have been using since 2000, gives the best long term shape. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation, evaluation. Good luck.

Breast lift

You have a number of options which will depend on your current anatomy.  Breast lift plastic surgery can improve the profile of sagging breasts, making breasts look more youthful and perky.Breast lift surgery is done to improve the profile of sagging breasts, changing their position on the body to appear more youthful. If you have lost volume in your breasts as well, the breast lift can be combined with breast implants to restore fullness. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Breast Lift Without Implant

A breast lift with a small reduction on the larger side would be appropriate.  A circumvertical lift or full breast lift would be appropriate, and you will hear varying opinions on which is better. 

Vertical lift or lollipop lift can give a beautifully shaped breast

I like the vertical breast lift as I feel I get the best shape with this lift and you are an excellent candidate for this procedure.

Fat to correct asymmetry !

I agree that you need a "lolipop" scar around the nipple and down to shape the breast however correction of these small asymmetries can be accomplished with subcutaneous tissue (fat and surroundings) can be utilized and avoid placement of an implant on one side only.Be sure to seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in these procedures.

C. Andrew Salzberg, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Vertical lift

Just based upon your photos, you look like a good candidate for a vertical breast lift.  Of course, an exam is beneficial.