Tummy Tuck scar revision? 4wks Post Op. (photos)

I have one small area on my TT scar that puckers slightly over the scar. The scar slants up over one side of my lower abs where I've always had a "pooch" in this area. On the lower-side the scar transition is very smooth & the higher-side it bumps above my scar and then it smooths down. What would be the possible steps taken to correct? Side note: I don't want to offend my BCPS's work. I'm very pleased with my overall results, this area has just caught my attention in form fit clothing.

Irregular tummy tuck scar

There are many findings early postoperatively that settle down very nicely with time. This could be at six weeks were six months or whatever. You should discuss this with your plastic surgeon to see what their expectations are and guide you through the healing time. If a small revision is indicated, many plastic surgeons have the capacity to accomplish this with no additional cost to the patient.

Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Early revision of abdominoplasty scar-asymmetry

I'm sorry for your concern. It is still very early in the healing process. I would expect some puckering that usually settles down. The asymmetry will not improve with time however. I would suggest you express your concern to you plastic surgeon and I'm sure he or she would be happy to revise the area to make the symmetry better once you are completely healed. Right now is not the right time for a revision. Your surgeon will let you know when the time is right.

From perspective of scar and abdominal symmetry,  an early revision of portion of your scar may be considered. It is not likely that this will improve in time. You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon.   Partial scar revision and placement more distally (lower) to match right side  can be done in local anesthesia. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Give it time

As the wound matures small details like this improve. Your body "cleans up" the closure as you heal. I would wait 6 months before considering surgery to  improve it.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Too early to judge outcome

At this point in your recovery, it is much too soon to be worried about the outcome.  It takes time for the swelling to resolve.  It may be 6 months or more before the shape has reached its final look.  Be patient.   Watch your physical activity. Everyone is different.