What surgery will work for my stomach? (Photo)

What surgery will work for my stomach?

You will benefit most from a tummy tuck with some liposuction of the hips, but I would recommend that you lose  more weight before proceeding with the surgery. This will lessen the bulging of your abdominal muscles caused by the fat around your intestines and organs and give you a flatter result when you have the procedure.Geaux Tigers!

What surgery will work for my stomach?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. i recommend you to have a tummy tuck with muscle repair combined with liposuction, This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting with or without Tummy Tuck

you really need weight loss combined with liposuction and tummy tuck.  I suggest losing as much as possible first.  a VASER HI DEF treatment will do best.  Dr. Emer.

Abdominoplasty and liposuction for best results

The best option for you would be combination of the tummy tuck and liposuction. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for inperson evaluation. This will correct the muscle and skin laxity at the same time. Please see the below link.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Body contouring options for abdomen

Both Liposuction and Tummy Tuck surgeries can be great options for reducing the girth of the abdomen.  Liposuction tends to work best in patients with good skin quality and accessible fat (pinchable).  Tummy tucks are more appropriate for patients with laxity, significant overhangs, or muscle separation.  For all surgeries, it is best if patients are within 10-15 pounds of their ideal weight.  An in person evaluation would be best to assess the amount of fat, laxity, and to determine what options would be best to pursue.  Weight loss may be necessary prior to surgery for best results.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction, tummy tuck or ??? for full stomach

Thank you for asking about your tummy.
  • Your photo suggests that you may have had one or more very large children -
  • It appears your muscles are severely stretched.
  • However you may have an abdominal wall hernia or just carry excess fat in your abdomen.
  • An examination is needed before knowing the right treatment -
  • Most likely it is tummy tuck with muscle repair, skin removal and liposuction.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck

I appreciate your question. From your photo, you appear to be a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck with liposuction to your hips and back. This would improve your silhouette.  For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon