What should I stock up on for my breast augmentation recovery time?

I plan on having a BA in December. I want to start buying the supplies I need for my recovery. My list so far: 1. Pretzels/Crackers 2. Pineapple for bruising 3. Peaches for constipation 4. Gel Ice Packs or Frozen Peas 5. Milk of magnesia, colace, dolcolax or docusate 6. Arnica Montana Pills (where do I get this?) 7. Arnica Gel 8. Antibacterial Soap (bar or liquid format?) 9. Pillows 10. Scar Reducing Sheets or Cream 11. Gingerale 12. White Grape Juice Please add to this list. Thanks!!!

You are going to see the difference just after the procedure. However it is necessary to wait for some time in order to see the final result. After the breast augmentation operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will be advised to wear a corset in order to reduce the edema. You can start to do your daily activities just after the operations but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Arnica for surgery

I recommend Arnica Montana and Bromelain Before and After Surgery
Bromelain is a botanical extract with natural anti-inflammatory and other beneficial properties. It can help decrease inflammation, swelling and pain that often accompany a surgical procedure.
Arnica Montana has been touted as causing decreased bruising, swelling and pain associated with surgery or soft tissue injury. with our homeopathic Arnica Montana.
For a thorough explanation of the beneficial effects of Bromelain, see the below link to an article I wrote on the subject
The optimal dosage is not known. I would recommend purchasing it from a company that specializes in pre-surgical medicines such as Vitamedica. You can contact my office if you are not able to find it elsewhere.

Breast Augmentation Recovery Medications

Thank you for your question. May I ask if your Surgeon recommeded the supplies that you listed? It would be advisable to ask your Surgeon first, before putting together a list that might be coddled together from various resources on the Internet. For example, Colace usually takes two weeks to become effective and Dulcolax can cause severe cramping. Coffee is usually helpful to relieve constipation and Miralax can be mixed into any beverage if further relief is needed with fairly quick results. Arnica can be used for bruising; however, there is typically very little to no bruising with a breast augmentation when performed correctly. Scar reducing sheets and creams are expensive and not typically indicated unless hypertrophic scarring develops much later on. Best of luck to you.

Mark Deutsch, MD

Breast aug supplies

I think that your list of supplies to buy is very inclusive and I cannot think of anything else that you might wish to purchase, other than a sports bra.