Would Smart lipo improve my neck and jowls? I would like to wait a few years for a lower face lift or neck lift (Photo)

51 years old and would really like to wait a few yrs before a neck lift or lower face lift. It doesn't seem to be a huge amount of fat under the chin but of course there is some. In addition to fat removal, would the skin be tightened w smart lipo? Could the smart lipo be done on the neck and jowls? How long wld it last? If a neck lift is truly needed, how long does that last ? Or would a lower face lift be best? Hoping for the time being I can just get away w smart lipo.

Thanks for your question and photos. You may want to try skin tightening with laser treatments like EndyMed or Vshape. From your photo it appears that you have more skin laxity than fat. Laser skin tightening stimulates your body to produce more structural proteins, primarily collagen, to restore your skin's natural elasticity. It does this by creating a slight thermal injury in your skin that stimulates the skin's healing response, resulting in firmer, tighter skin. Hope this helps. Best, Dr. Katz

Smart Lipo for neck?

No one wants to have more procedure than they really need. It is quite common in my practice to do smart Lipo for neck improvement. However as near as I can tell from your pictures the problem with your neck is more  skin and muscle then it is fat. If you had the procedure done there is a likely chance that you would actually look worse than you did before. Your best option is to have a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in facial surgery. My best guess is that you would need to have a neck lift with muscle repair  to get the improvement that you want 

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Smart lipo neck

Thank you for your question. Look like more of a skin than fat in your pictures. Smart lipo may not be effective. May be non invasive skin tightening with venus legacy help. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

What About VASER--Double Chin Treatment-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Kybella, CoolMini

I find that VASER/ThermiRF combination are best for contouring and tightening the neck/jowls in those who are candidates but Kybella can be used as an alternative.  Get a formal consultation you may be a candidate for a neck lift and need appropriate evaluation to determine what is best to give you long term results. Best, Dr. Emer.