Can some one tell me what's this new thing called a Panniculectomy suppose to be for?

I heard a lady saying she had one for a flatter tummy and she also had a tummy tuck with it!!

A panniculecty is nothing new. It is the most rudimentary abdominal procedure to only remove the hanging apron of skin below the belly button. It is not an any way considered a body contour that has the same aesthetic result as a standard tummy tuck. The tummy tuck involves not only removing more skin but also tightening he rectus muscles resulting in a flatter stomach as well as liposuction of the sides  to contour the waist. The overall result is greatly different.  I hope this helps.

Panniculectomy

Panniculectomy isn't a new thing! It's the excision of the excess skin apron of the abdomen  but does not include work on the musculature.  It's automatically part of the tummy tuck but can be performed as a stand alone procedure.