I'm 5 months post op breast augmentation but my implants haven't dropped into place. Is something wrong?

Breast Augmentation

Dear axb153:      Thank you for your question. Unfortunately without a full series of photographs or in-person examination it is difficult to offer definite advice as you may be suffering from a capsular contracture or improper implant pocket size or placement.  I would discuss your concerns with your operating surgeon so that they can provide reassurance, or offer you treatment advice.  Hope this helps. Good luck!

You would need to add pictures in order to fully address your question. I would suggest you follow up with your surgeon and express your concerns with him/her. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

BA implants not dropped yet

Thank you for your question. In general by this time they drop. Without seeing pictures hard to comment. Please express your concerns to your PS

5 months post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. I recommend you to talk with your plastic surgeon because at this time of your post op you implants are supposed to already drop. Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

I'm 5 months PostOp breast augmentation but my implants haven't dropped into place. Is something wrong?

Thank you for your question but unfortunately without a full series of photographs or in-person examination it is difficult to offer definite advice as you may be suffering from a capsular contracture or improper implant pocket size.  I would voice your concerns to your surgeon so that they can provide reassurance, or offer you treatment advice.  Hope this helps. 

More information please

I am sorry that you are having issues with your implants. Please send picture for better evaluation.  There are few thing that can cause this including big implants, capsular contracture , high pockets and texture implants. Please see your surgeon. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants still high

Usually, implants will "drop into place" within 3 months.  At 5 months, it is still possible for some change but unlikely especially if they haven't changed within the last month or two.  I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon to examine you to ensure that there is no capsular contracture and that the pocket is in the correct place.  There are numerous other reasons why your implants may not look right at this point, but this needs to be determined by an in person examination.

Andrew Freel, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Not dropped

Most implants do settle between 1 and 3 months, but some women may take up to 6 months. I would suggest going back to your surgeon and discussing all your concerns.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon