Should I get this mole checked out? (Photos)

I hurt one of my moles a few days ago, and the pain has not gone down. After looking at it countless times, it looks very much more different than the rest of my moles. I am very light skinned, almost always burn and blister when I go out on the sun for too long, BUT I rarely go out in the sun without protection. I'd say I've had 3-4 really bad sunburns in my life. Does this mole look like something I should get checked out?

Different Looking Mole

Any mole that looks different should be seen by a dermatologist.  Given your skin type and it is painful, I suggest you call a local skin specialist and have this checked out.  Moles can and do change into skin cancer.

Elk Grove Village Dermatologist

Any mole that is irritated should be examined by your derm md.

Moles can change at any time so when you get an irritated mole, thats the time to see your derm md to at least get some piece of mind.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon