Should I get this mole checked out? (Photos)

I hurt one of my moles a few days ago, and the pain has not gone down. After looking at it countless times, it looks very much more different than the rest of my moles. I am very light skinned, almost always burn and blister when I go out on the sun for too long, BUT I rarely go out in the sun without protection. I'd say I've had 3-4 really bad sunburns in my life. Does this mole look like something I should get checked out?

Doctor Answers 2

Different Looking Mole

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Any mole that looks different should be seen by a dermatologist.  Given your skin type and it is painful, I suggest you call a local skin specialist and have this checked out.  Moles can and do change into skin cancer.

Elk Grove Village Dermatologist
4.9 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Any mole that is irritated should be examined by your derm md.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Moles can change at any time so when you get an irritated mole, thats the time to see your derm md to at least get some piece of mind.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 46 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.