Would lipo on my abdomen (upper and lower) and flanks help me have a more defined waist? (Photo)

As you can see I do not have a very defined waist. Would lipo on the abdomen, flanks help me achieve an overall flat stomach and a more shapely figure? If not, what areas do you think being teated would help my figure?

More defined waist

Hello,     Thank you for your question and for posting your photos. From the photos you have posted, it does seem as though liposuction to your abdomen, hips and flanks would give your figure an amazing shape. I agree that taking the fat and injecting it into your buttocks will also help further enhance the over all shape of your body. The only way however, to give you the best recommendations would be to evaluate you in person. 
Please make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon and I wish you the best of luck!
Ankur Mehta MDBoard Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Lipo and...

Hello and thanks. For the shapeliest abdominal contour and waistline you'll need liposuction and fat transfer in the form of a Brazilian butt lift.  Your aesthetics will be greatly enhanced. See a BCPS for treatment. 
Good luck. 

Creating a more defined waist.

Lipo of your trunk and flanks will enhance and flatten your stomach and narrow your waist .  The limit will be your actual muscle contour but the improvement most probably will be quite noticeable and flattering.  Good luck and enjoy your results.  You might enjoy the video linked to above for more info.  Meet with a few experienced board certified plastic surgeons (ABPS).  Regards,
Jon A.. Perlman, M.D. FACS Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery ABC TV  Extreme Makeover Surgeon  Best of Los Angeles Award  2015, 2016 Beverly Hills, Ca.  

Jon A. Perlman, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I  suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal and contouring. An in person consult is needed to determine what is best based on your body type and skin type. VASER can sculpt and contour the body and results can be seen immediately. Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction for a defined waist

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Yes, you look like a very good candidate for liposuction.
  • The abdomen and flanks seem to be the right areas to treat.
  • It will remove the fat under the skin.
  • It will give you a flatter stomach but given your natural contour, not a completely flat stomach.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction to define the waist and improve contours

Liposuction can be a great way to flatten the stomach and define and shrink the waist.  Best candidates have good skin quality who are near their idea weight.  From your pictures, you would be an excellent candidate for liposuction; however, it is important to have a consultation where you discuss your goals and expectations openly.  We would be happy to see you in New Orleans for a consultation if you would like to discuss it in person.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Would lipo on my abdomen (upper and lower) and flanks help me have a more defined waist?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift….

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination you do appear to be a good liposuction candidate for your waist, abdomen, and flanks to help reduce the amount of adipose tissue and create a more shapely silhouette.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation. 

Would Lipo on my waist help?

yes, per your picture you appear to be an excellent candidate. You look to have great skin tone and lots of excess fat in the midsection. I would be happy to see you in consultation and feel free to give my office a call. Good luck on your journey!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon