Am I an ideal candidate for an insurance-paid breast reduction? F to B, possible? (photos)

I'm 22 years old, 120lbs, and a size 30f. Horrible back and neck pain, permanent scarring from bra straps, scarring from infection between breasts, horrible posture . Am I considered to be a ideal candidate for a breast reduction in Louisiana? Is it possible to get to a B cup without any risks?

Breast reduction from F to B possible?

Thank you for your question and you are a good candidate for a reduction. This procedure will greatly help with your pain and life style. Insurance companies have certain criteria and each is different in the way the surgery is approved. I would focus less on the size and more on a shape that is proportional to your body.  I would visit with a board certified plastic surgeon who will guide you through this process and help you obtain a realistic result.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

? Good candidate for breast reduction

You are a good candidate for a breast reduction and may be able to get your insurance to cover it.  Different plans have different prerequisites so the best place to start would be to get a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or at least call the office to find the requirements for the insurance plan.  With a breast reduction you can go to any cup size you want but the "pedicle" of the breast that wend to keep to maintain nipple sensation is larger than a B, a different technique, one that removes the nipple and puts it back on as a graft would be necessary.  In this case you would not have any feeling in the nipple.  I would not suggest this at your age.Good luck.

Karen Quigley, MD

Breast reduction

It is unlikely that you can get to a "B"ish cup and still have a good shape in the breast and have safe healing after a reduction of your size. Best to be seen  in person.