I am planning on having the lipo surgery. I want to know more about it and the cost?

Waist , stomach & lovehandles -I'm 22, 200pounds

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal, contouring and skin tightening. An in person consult is needed to determine what is best based on your body type and skin type. VASER can sculpt and contour the body and results can be seen immediately. I suggest consulting with an expert for an in person evaluation to determine if you are a liposuction candidate. Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction, wants more information

Thank you for your question.  Depending on where you go the cost can vary by Dr and location.  You will need an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to find out weather or not your are a good candidate for liposuction.  If you have lose skin with little elasticity you may need a tummy tuck.  If you have good elasticity and thicker skin you will be a good candidate, this can be determined at your consultation.  Most plastic surgeons offer complimentary consultations and will give you a quote at your consultation.
Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your desire to pursue surgery. Without an in-person examination or full series of photographs the best recommendation would be to see a series of board certified plastic surgeons in consultation to have the best treatment options and to find pricing in your area.  Liposuction involves the placement of a fluid containing pain medication into the fatty tissue of your waist, stomach and love handles and the using a small bore cannula to remove small pieces of fat with each pass.  Hope that this helps. 

Liposuction candidate

If you have good thick skin elasticity in the area and the area is just fat then liposuction should definitely address the problem. If there are a lot of stretch marks or loose skin in the area then you may not be a liposuction candidate. See a board certified plastic with an expertise in body contouring in your area for a detailed consultation. They should be able to answer your concerns more specifically. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Costs of Liposuction

Thank you very much for your question. Without an in-person examination, it is difficult to assess if you will be a good candidate for liposuction alone, or if more extensive surgery, such as an abdominoplasty, will be recommended. I suggest that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, who can perform an in-person examination. At this time, the best treatment plan for your situation can be determined. During this appointment, a detailed cost estimate can also be provided. 

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

The number worries me

The number that worries me is the 200 lb number.  That number worries me because of how the skin is going to redrape after a liposuction.  You have to understand that with liposuction your surgeon is simply "deflating a balloon" (skin).  If the skin has been over stretched then its probably not going to snap back the way you may want it to.  If there still is good quality skin without any stretch marks, then the odds are better but probably not great.  See a board certified plastic surgeon and they can guide you towards the best option to meet your expectations.

R. McIntyre Bridges, MD
Shreveport Plastic Surgeon