Want a natural look, moderate profile result in a small c cup. I been told only larger cc's with high profile will work. (photo)

I'm currently an a cup and don't want big breasts, just want to add some fullness and slight size back to breasts that are depleted from weight loss and breastfeeding. Is it possible to achieve a desirable result of small c given my wide chest and challenging breast anatomy?

Breast Implants/ Breast Augmentation/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best or you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Implants - do I have to have a large high profile implant?

Thank you for your question about your breast implants.

• You need a second opinion.
  • The advice you were given is confusing at best.
  • If your chest width is 12 cm, it is a normal width, not a wide one.
  • I don't see challenging anatomy in your photo.
  • Depending on your height and weight and skin, a 250 - 350 cc implant size will probably be right.
  • Unless you are tiny, you wouldn't need high profile implant since you don't want very large breasts.
  • Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

High profile

Thanks for your question.  You do not need a high profile implant nor a larger volume implant to obtain a small C cup.  Your anatomy is very common and you should have an excellent result with breast augmentation.  If you aren't happy with your first consultation, you should seek out an additional consultation to gather another opinion.  It is important to feel comfortable with your surgeon and the operation you will receive.  Good luck and make sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Andrew Freel, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

"Natural" Look Wanted

I hear it all the time, "I want to look natural."  Unfortunately, everyone's interpretation of this is different. It's important to get the look you want, and this can most easily be done by showing your potential surgeon photos of the looks you do like, and asking what he/she recommends so that you can try to achieve it. I don't see anything especially challenging about your anatomy and think that nice results can be achieved in a variety of ways depending on the look  you want. Consider a second opinion with a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience working with many types of implants. 300-400cc implants would likely work best to obtain a nice "c" cup. The profile selected will depend on the look you desire. Do you want projection or a wider/flatter look?

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Implant

I agree with you. A smaller implant size would look better in you; specially since you have a constricted lower pole.  A 250-275 cc moderate profile should be fine.  High profile implants would be too large for your chest width IMHO.  Best wishes, Dr. T.

Want a natural look, moderate profile small C result.

Thank your for reaching out. I would suggest that you do plenty of research before making your final decision. Based on your photos, you are a great candidate for breast augmentation with a very normal size chest. You should be able to obtain a very natural and pleasing result. Although cup size is a very subjective measurement, every 150-200 cc will increase a cup size. A personal consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon should be able to provide you with good options that should yield a natural result. Implant sizes need to be personally selected for you based on your breast anatomy and demensions and your desired look. You may want to even consider the newer generation of implants by Allergan which are the syle 410 "gummy bear" implants. I do not think you really need to go for larger high profile implants if you are going for the natural look and a small C. Do your homework, talk to plenty of people even different plastic surgeons so that you are educated and feel comfortable with your decision. Good luck.

Want a natural look, moderate profile result in a small c cup. I been told only larger cc's with high profile will work.

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

There are no manufacturers' standards for cup sizing in the bra industry. The cups of a 32 C and a 38 C are significantly different. Cup size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and even within styles from any particular manufacturer.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Want a natural look, moderate profile result in a small c cup? = it depends #breastaugmetation #breastimplants

To achieve a natural breast augmentation with breast implants, the projection of the implant is NOT the only factor that defines the result. the patient's anatomy ( breast size, breast tissue, chest dimensions patient height and body fat) as well as the type of implant placed ( saline or silicone; low, moderate and high profile) and the surgical technique all factor in the clinical result.

I personally don't like moderate profile implants, specially in skinny narrow-chest female patients. The reason is the increased diameter size of the medium profile implants. High profile breast implants have a narrow base diameter, while the medium profile have a wider base diameter to "fit" the same volume equivalent for a high profile. Therefore, placing a moderate profile implant in a narrow chest-width patient will look nor really natural ( beast implant may end up under the axilla) compared with he same volume for high profile implants,

John Mesa, MD

You should be able to achieve a very nice result with breast augmentation.  Based on your photo I do not see any difficulty with your breast shape.  A bilateral submuscular breast augmentation should achieve a nice result.   Generally speaking figure 150-200 cc of implant per cup size increase in the same style and manufacture of bra that she currently wear.  Breast implant size will be based on the base width of your breast which her surgeon should measure.  Most likely you will need implants in the 300 cc range to achieve a C cup.

Choosing implants

Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implants need to match and fit your frame and body. If you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in breast augmentation he or she should be able to help you with this in their office. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon