I am 2 months post op tummy tuck and breast augmentation can fluid build up in the breast that can cause pain.

Fluid Buildup that May Cause Pain

Hello and thank you for your question. Please remember that there is always the potential for fluid buildup while surgery incisions are still healing. The best recommendation would be that if you feel you have having any swelling or painful buildup then a visit to your surgery would be best, in order to ensure that your healing process is going well.

Mommy Makeover - Post Op Discomfort

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent mommy makeover. You are still very early in the post-operative period and should expect to have swelling and soreness for three to six months. Persistent, localized breast pain is somewhat concerning.  Please follow up with your plastic surgeon for an in-person examination. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Breast lift and tummy tuck recovery

Thank you for your question about your breast lift recovery.

• Pain is definitely unusual after two months this procedure.
  • A seroma or an abscess can cause persistent pain -
  • I strongly recommend that you be seen by your surgeon.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (2 months post-po) the swelling have to be minimal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.

After performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Mommy makeover and fluid

It is certainly possible that fluid buildup could be causing pain.  This is hard to assess over the internet and as others have said, no one knows your circumstances better than your surgeon and you should let them know your concerns and be evaluated by them sooner than later.  

Ask your surgeon

Please check with your surgeon as your surgeon is the best person to answer that question. Without knowing your medical history it is difficult to help you.

Good luck!

Concerns after mommy makeover surgery...

At this point in your recovery, pain can be caused  by several different concerns; for this reason, you are best off following up with your plastic surgeon who will be in the best position to advise you.  Best wishes.

Mommy Makeover Two Month Results. Fluid Build Up?

Thank you for your question about recovery from a Mommy Makeover.

Yes, fluid build up is in the realm of possibilities.

For specific questions like this and about your recovery, it is generally best to speak with your doctor or doctor’s representative – such as his or her nurse, or the physician on call for the practice.

You will likely get many different opinions from members of the RealSelf Community, but they have not physically seen or examined you, and nobody knows you or the circumstances better than your doctor.

If you feel you are not being listened to or you are doubting your doctor’s recommendations, then it is certainly within your rights to seek a second and get the advice from another board certified physician. This should be done through an in-person consultation.

Obviously, if you think that you are having a medical emergency or other serious problem, you should call 911 and/or go to your nearest emergency room.

Best Wishes.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Breast Pain 2 months after surgery from fluid

Hi Axb,

Thanks for your question. I would certainly say its possible to have pain after surgery that is caused by surgery. It possible that you are getting a capsular contracture that is causing the pain and not fluid. You need to get an ultrasound to verify if it fluid, and if it is then it should be sent to laboratory to make sure its not something more than just fluid.

Sometimes unexplained fluid can sometimes be something more severe such as ALCL, adult large cell lymphoma which is a type of breast lymphoma caused by implants. Extremely rare, and highly unlikely but I would recommend you see your plastic surgeons.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Thanks for your question and photos.

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@Tummytuck @breastaugmentation @docmata #drcarlosmata