Is there a name for my feet problem? If so, what is it and is it possible to have them fixed? (photos)

I hate my feet. My ankles are itty bitty and my feet are huge, long, flat, and wide. Not to mention I have an extra piece of meat on the side. I can't wear normal shoes because of the extra piece and I always have to go a size up when getting shoes. Please say that my feet are fixable. I am beyond tired of them and the pain I've endured from them my whole life.

Doctor Answers 1

Foot reduction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for asking about your feet.
  • Surgery can't change the proportions of your ankle bones to your foot bones
  • But the excess skin on the sides is unusual and may be correctable.
  • It is unusual however and you need a personal consultation with a plastic surgeon to determine what is going on and if it can be improved.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.