Botox in my lips. Any suggestions? (photos)

So I want my lips to be a little bigger. I don't want much at all just a little to make it look fuller. I have pretty nice lips I just want them a little bigger. How much do you think I should get injected like would one syringe be enough for upper and lower ?

Lip Augmentation

I would recommend Juvederm for lip augmentation and certainly not Botox, as it's better suited for small wrinkles above the lips or to address a gummy smile, which you don't have. Juvederm provides a smooth, natural result as long as the injector doesn't overdo it. I would recommend started with 1/3 to 1/2 of a syringe, wait for the swelling to go down, and then decide if you want to have a bit more injected into the lips or if you'd prefer to wait until it's time for more.

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox in Lips.

You have beautiful lips and Botox would only help a little to improve them.  A lip filler like Juvederm could make them even better!

Lawrence Broder, MD
Cedar Park Family Physician

Lip enhancement

Dear Rdloniak:

Thank you for your question.If you want to enhance the size of your lips, you would have a filler injected as opposed to a neuromodulator(Botox) .Botox could be used to reduce a gummy smile or reduce wrinkles/ frown lines. Since you are only looking for slight enhancement, I would suggest using a hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane , Juvederm or Belotero. One syringe should be sufficient to give you the results you want for both upper and lower lips. The good thing about using hyaluronic acid fillers is that if you are not happy with the results, the product can be dissolved with Hyaluronidase. Another option would be structural fat grafting. Good luck and I hope this helps!  

Bigger lips

If you want to enhance the size of your lips, you would have a filler injected as opposed to Botox. Since you are only looking for slight enhancement, I would suggest using a hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane or Juvederm. One syringe should be sufficient to give you the results you want for both bottom and top lip. The good thing about using hyaluronic acid fillers is that if you are not happy with the results, the product can be dissolved with Hyaluronidase.

Neil Sadick, MD

Lip Enlargement with Filler.

You appear to be a good candidate to receive one syringe of hyaluronic filler.  Few people come back for additional filler and I think one syringe would satisfy you (possibly even a fraction less).  Allow about two weeks for the swelling to dissipate and judge your results.  Remember to avoid blood thinners for 10-14 days before.  Watch the video link above for additional information about lip enlargement.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Botox for smile, filler for lips

Botox is not used to make lips bigger but can turn them up a bit. Botox can also drop your lip so you will not see gums in smile. I would use a HA filler such as Restylane L, Restylane silk or Belotero in your lips. I would start with 1/2 syringe and see what you thought, move on from there. Any of these woulds look lovely if well injected but the restylane L will last the longest. Some would use Juvederm and that would look good too if well injected. All depends on preference of injector. Start slow and see what you like 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Bigger lips

HA fillers are the best option for a small enlargement in the size of your lips. Restylane silk is the best product for a natural and small enhancement. Restylane L or juvederm for something a little more dramatic. 1/2 - 1 syringe should be enough for both upper and lower lip augmentation. Seek an experienced injector and bring photos as a visual for the volume you are aspiring to.

Essie K. Yates, MD
Fort Lauderdale Physician

Lip fullness

Fillers are the product of choice to give the lips fullness.  Botox is used to address wrinkles caused by muscle activity.  HA products such as Juvederm and Restylane are used to plump up the lip area.  Seek an experienced injector in your area for a consultation and treatment.

Camille Cash, MD

Botox and the lips

Hi there, I grew up in Lafayette Louisiana, just a little ways down the road from you,so it's nice to connect with a neighbor.  First of all Botox is not used at all to increase the volume of lips.  I would advise that various fillers could be considered.  The most important aspect of undertaking such a procedure, especially one that seeks a subtle change, is to locate a good provider.  I would recommend a board certified dermatologist who regularly performs these type of procedures.  Many of the questions that we receive from RealSelf relate to problems that have occurred with lip augmentation.  This can be largely avoided if you vet who you are going to  have administer the treatment.  Good luck Dr. Adrienne Stewart M.D. FAA D

Adrienne E. Stewart, MD
Denver Dermatologic Surgeon

Lips a little bigger

I would recommend you use #RestylaneSilk if you want your #lips just slightly bigger. Most fillers on the market (in my opinion) have a best practice usage. I think that Restylane Silk is the best filler currently on the market for your desired result. Using Restylane Silk I would recommend that one syringe would be enough for both upper and lower if you want a slightly fuller look.

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon