Am I a good candidate for Cellfina? Or would you recommend I research something else? (Photo)

Would be a good candidate for Cellfina? I'm 41 yo,3 babies, 5'6, 114 and I workout. I have increased my workouts to add more muscle to my legs/booty but the cellulite seems worse. Is the fat being pushed to the surface? Anyway, here are a few pics, some of the I squeezed my booty because you can really see the cellulite then. I also have a tiny bit anove my knees. I'm curious to know if Cellfina would be right for me or if there was another treatment that would help my appearance. Thanks!

Cellfina as a cellulite treatment for buttocks

Cellfina works on the dimples of cellulite but is not used on the linerar grooves.  When there is a mixture of both dimples and grooves I find that ThermiTight can improve the contours of both but in no cases do the dimples or grooves go away completely. Thermi250 is an external no downtime series of procedures that can also improve the contour of cellulite and grooves and all these procedures require maintenance treatments, but long term results have been shown for a few years after ThermiTight.

There are risks with all procedures so a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon should evaluate each patient before they undergo any of these procedures.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellfina

Cellfina for the posterior thigh and buttock would treat the dimpled cellulite.  The anterior has to be seen and examined for treatment.  This area typically will have more skin laxity.

Cellfina Seems Right For You

Thank you for the photos. Your case is fairly mild, and I think you'd get good results from Cellfina. The treatment can't be used on the cellulite above your knees, but it can certainly smooth away the dimples on your buttocks. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon who offers Cellfina to learn more about your potential results.

Craig W. Colville, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina for Cellulite above knees?

Cellfina is a great treatment for cellulite. We cannot treat right above your knees, as that is an anatomical junction that is contraindicated for this minimally invasive procedure. As for the fat being pushed to the surface, that is not how cellulite is caused. There are connective bands woven through fat called fibrous septae. Like a rubber band under tension, when they are cut, the skin bounces back to normal.
#celluliteonlegs  #cellfina  #looseskin

Cellulite removal

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Am I a good candidate for Cellfina? Or would you recommend I research something else?

Cellfina is indicated for the buttocks and posterior thighs. You appear to have some moderate dimpling in spite of being thin and fit, so I think you are an excellent candidate for the procedure. Good luck!

Keith Hodge, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina

We are excited to offer the Cellfina technology to safely and precisely release the fibrous bands under the dimpled areas with a small releasing tool.Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years-the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. From your photos it would appear that you are a good candidate for Cellfina, but a face-to-face consult is the next step.

Marilyn Pelias, MD
New Orleans General Surgeon

Cellfina / Cellulite treatment / Body contouring procedures/ Liposuction

Cellfina it is the longest lasting FDA cleared treatment to reduce the appearance of cellulite for 2 years. It has a very high patient satisfaction rate and results can be seen in as little as a few days. It targets the structural cause of cellulite by treating the cellulite causing bands. I would recommend a consultation to determine your candidacy.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Cellfina

You look like a great Cellfina candidate. The Cellfina procedure should address the areas of dimpling on your buttocks. I'm uncertain about the areas around your knees from the pictures. See a physician who has experience with Cellfina -- it's a great new procedure.

Stephanie Beidler Teotia, MD

Cellfina candidate

You appear to be the ideal candidate for cellfina by history: you are in great physical shape based on weight and height and your photos.

The dimples appeared to be true depressions on your buttocks and if this is the area that is bothering you than a Cellfina should provide a beutiful result. 

I don't see areas to be treated on the anterior thighs and the lateral thigh views.

Your cellfina provider will evaluate you in person to confirm the above.

Good luck with your decision.

Christina Steil, MD
Chicago Dermatologist