2 months out from submuscular BA 435cc Silicone implants. When can I workout my upper body again?

Tomorrow makes 2 months exactly since my surgery. I have had two post-op apptsthus far, and both of which yielded excellent results. I have a pretty lean build, and I lifted weights regularly before my surgery. Since having it, I have only done cardio (moderate intensity), and legs (light-moderate weight). I want to start planking again, and working out back/shoulders/arms. When is this okay? I'm weary of ruining my progress, but I want to start my workout regimen again. Help please!

When can I workout my upper body again?

Here is what I recommend for my patients on working out after a breast augmentation.

Two months post op:You may begin MODERATE IMPACT cardio, such as light jogging and workout classes like Zumba. Core and leg work is also allowed. Still no chest, arms, shoulder or upper back training.
Three months post op:You are unrestricted at this point, but remember to start slow with low weight (low means 2-3lbs!) and high repetitions. Do not do anything too fast or too heavy! Start doing push ups against a wall/counter, then knees and finally progress to the floor. Use resistance bands instead of pull ups. If you do Crossfit or have a trainer, start with a modified workout. REMEMBER LIGHT WEIGHT AND HIGH REPS!

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Fat Transfer/ Cohesive Gel Implants / Silicone Implants / Revision Breast Surgery

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for their patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing following surgery.  I recommend no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 6-8 weeks for my patients.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Working out?

While there is no science to answer this question, each physician may have their own thoughts on the subject.  I can only tell you what I tell my patients. We tell them to keep their heart rate and blood pressure normal for the first 2 weeks.  At that point, weightlifting is allowed but we would like them to avoid working out the chest for at least another month. Your best resource for you is to ask your operating plastic surgeon what their recommendations are. Congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Resuming Upper Body Work-Out After Breast Implant Surgery

Resuming your workouts should be cleared by your surgeon. In my practice, I generally have patients start light, non-impact cardio at 4 weeks. They can ease cautiously back to weights after 6 weeks. With subpectoral implants, it is important to let the chest muscles weaken so they do not distort the breasts
or push the implants down and out over time. Planks, isolated arms, and isolated shoulders should be fine, but I would recommend avoiding push-ups and flys permanently to keep the breasts looking their best.

Robert Cohen, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

2 months post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 
Its too early to talk about final.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Work out restrictions

Every one has a different view on this question but I allow my patients to do any type of exercise that doesn't hurt, six weeks after surgery.  If my patient had an unusual finding at surgery that would change this suggestion, I would tell them then.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon