I'm 19 days Post Op from breast reduction. I've notice a few spots of hard green looking pus in my right breast. (photo)

Is this normal?

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only 3 weeks after a rhinoplasty. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Pus?

You are likely having some wound healing issues, but it is best to be evaluated in person by your surgeon. Good luck.

Breast reduction - am I infected?

Thank you for asking about your breast reduction.
  • The spots of green pus are probably around internal sutures that are rising to the surface.
  • Please make an appointment with your surgeon to be seen -
  • Removing the sutures will probably take care of the problem.
  • However one cannot be sure this is the only problem until you are examined.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

I'm 19 days Post Op from breast reduction. I've notice a few spots of hard green looking pus in my right breast.

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and congratulations on your breast reduction.  It appears that your incision is suffering with some suture related issues termed stitch abscesses.  These localized areas of infection can be treated by removal of the material that is working its way to your skin surface.  See your surgeon to let them know of your issues.