Can I have Porcelain Veneers? (Photos)

I was wondering if I'm able to receive porcelain veneers if I have bonded teeth? The name of the procedure may be wrong. But I included a picture of the teeth that will be worked on. I thought veneers would be a great option for me in the future for a couple reasons, one of them being because I grind my teeth at night which I believe is what caused these issues to begin with. You can actually see in the picture the one front tooth slightly chipped which has happened in recent months. Thanks!

Veneers

In your situation, veneers are not your answer. You need to address your bite issues first and then fill in those dark areas with composite resin material. Placing veneers won't enhance your result. A night guard will also help. 

Porcelain veneers and bruxism #DrSoftTouch

I would recommend having your bite evaluated to minimize or even eliminate grinding. That said, porcelain veneers are possible for people with bruxism, but it is important to wear a nightguard to protect your investment. See an experienced cosmetic dentist to determine your options. I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future. 

Sarah Thompson, DMD
Saint Louis Dentist

Can I have porcelain veneers?

You should have your bite checked and adjusted as needed to eliminate the cause of the chipping.  Then you could have these teeth restored with porcelain veneers or less invasive and more affordable direct resin veneers.  Once the teeth are restored, you should get a custom fitted nightguard to protect your teeth from grinding(bruxism).  

Gary Braunstein, DDS
Encinitas Dentist

Porcelain veneers can be a great option

While the look will be improved, a bite analysis will be needed to be sure your investment will last as long as possible. It may be a simple fix, but finding a dentist that can evaluate may be a challenge.

Lance Timmerman, DMD, MAGD
Seattle Dentist