I got rhinoplasty 3 years ago, but after two years my nose starting swelling up and it would hurt to touch my nose.

I talked to my surgeon and he told me to take medication, my nose healed. However, ever since then my nose would continue to swell time to time. And I would continue to take medication which will heal it. When my nose starts to swell the top bridge of my nose started to turn red as well. But would this swelling ever stop? What is causing this swelling?

Redness in nasal bridge...

Recurrent redness so long after surgery is uncommon. The causes could be a graft infection (if you have one), a suture inflammation, or cyst formation. If you are not sure about your surgeon's explanation, then you should seek another opinion from a different, experienced surgeon

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and swelling

I think  more details about your surgery would be important.  Did you have a graft on the nose?  Could it be infected?

Long term post rhinoplasty swelling

The recurrent swelling can be due to one of several causes.  It is probably best to return to your surgeon for further evaluation.  Ask your surgeon if you have any nasal implants.  If you have an implant then it may become necessary to have the implant removed.  As there can be several causes for this problem besides a nasal implant it is best to discuss it with your physician and obtain a recommendation from your physician.

Paul Carniol, MD
Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling and redness after rhinoplasty

Swelling and redness 2 years after rhinoplasty is not normal.  It sounds like you are having a recurrent infection.  This may be a result of a suture or some other non-dissolving material.    

Swelling

Swelling of this nature so long post rhinoplasty is not normal - you may have a buried /trapped stitch from surgery which is now causing a problem and should be removed or possibly some buried mucosa inside causing a cyst which is getting infected /inflammed at times - it may be worth getting an MRI to check for a cyst or pocket of inflammation - make sure your surgeon checks inside your nostrils also