I got the permalip implants put into my lips. This is the 3rd time I have had the bottom one put in.

The top one healed perfect. No matter what kind of stitches he uses, one side or the other will not close up on the bottom. What could be causing this and what can I do? Could the implant be too long?

Implant incision will not heal

Thank you for asking about your Permalip implants
  • It sounds as though there is a chronic infection where the lips will not heal.
  • If so, the implant must be removed and left out for 3 months and then a new one placed.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS