Breast Augmentation for the second time? (photos)

How much larger can I go without looking too fake? I currently have 275cc implants (32D). With larger implants am I at higher risk for capsular contracture? My incisions are higher on the breasts than what I would like. Is there a way to pull the incision down to be more in the natural crease? Is the cost going to be higher, since it is a removal and reinsert of a new implant? Would I be able to have two different sized implants to make up for the difference? I am located in the Chicagoland area.

Repeat Breast augmentation

You can always go larger provided your measurements allow it. Repeat surgeries can carry more risks.
An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations. 

Revision Breast Surgery

I would recommend revision breast surgery and use an implant at least >200cc larger in order to notice a difference. I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Brerast augmentation revision breast Implant exchange

Exchange of implants can be done under local stand bye anesthesia. It is a relatively straight forward procedure with a quicker recovery then your initial placement. Going up 100 to 200 cc can be assessed with Mentor Sizers or with Vectra 3 dimensional imaging system. Don't rush into a procedure without a second opinion. High incisions may be repositioned. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Implant revision

You have many options as far as implants go. You would need to be seen in person to determine what might be appropriate. The larger you go, the less natural they will appear. The incision can not be moved lower.

Thank you for your question and providing photos. Based on the photos provided I believe you could easily have larger implants placed without looking to fake. Also, the incision can be lowered without difficulty. You may need to change the profile of your implant. The cost will vary depending on location and your surgeons experience. I would strongly recommend you consult with a BC PS with experience in revisional surgery. Best of luck

Breast Augmentation for the second time?

Thank you for the question and pictures. You will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific advice in regards to selection of specific breast implant size/profile.  

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” or "too fake" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.  3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient.
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.