40 KK and BMI of 40. Can I have a breast reduction?

I have read through many posts and although they make sense I haven't come across anyone that has stated that the weight of their breasts are a huge contributing factor for a high BMI. If my breasts were smaller then I can do ask the exercising needed to lose weight. I have lost 7 stone already but in desperate need for a breast reduction as it is affecting me at when now. Someone please help!!

Thank you for the question and good job with your weight loss thus far!

Although the breast reduction surgery may help you at this point, if you are contemplating the weight loss then it would be in your best interest to have the breast surgery after you have  reached your long-term stable weight (If possible).  Doing so will help minimize risks associated with surgery, improve your chances of achieving your goals and minimize the chances that revisionary surgery will be necessary afterwards.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Best wishes.  As you work towards your goals remember that breast reduction surgery tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

Scarless breast reduction

Wonderful opportunity for the scarless breast reduction. Quick simple safer minimal recuperation  no General anesthesia no visible scar.  Find a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in the Liposuction only procedure. it is worth looking into. after that you should do great with the rest of your weight-loss. 

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction in Overweight Patients

Breast Reduction candidates come in all shapes and sizes. If you are overweight, non smoker, no medical problems and in good health, you may be a candidate for surgery. If you have back pain, neck pain, and shoulder pain with inability to exercise, your quality of life will improve after breast reduction surgery. Being overweight does put you at increased risks for anesthesia and local healing related complications, and the most important thing is your safety. If there are concerns, one option may be doing this under your insurance in a hospital setting.