Based on my photos, do you believe cool sculpting on my abdomen, mainly lower and flanks will do me any justice? (Photo)

Hi, I am a 5'6'' female 18 months post pregnancy(via c-section). I have had both lipo and smartlipo prior to the pregnancy. One procedure in Feb. 2011 and the other procedure in Mar.2013. Also, I have recently lost 40 lbs. I intend to lose about 20 more lbs. before considering cool sculpting which would put me at about 145 lbs. total in weight. Do you believe results could be effective enough to where my bulge will not show up when wearing jeans/pants? Please advise. Thanks

Consultation for CoolSculpting is Important

It's difficult to say from photos alone, but it appears you could be a good candidate for CoolSculpting. Really it's essential that you meet with a highly experienced CoolSculpting specialist who can evaluate you personally and address all of your concerns to ensure that it's right for you. Losing an additional 20lb before undergoing CoolSculpting could be a good way to ensure the best results possible. Good candidates for this procedure are those who are at or very close to their healthy goal weight but still struggle with stubborn pockets of unwanted fat that don't respond to diet or exercise. 

Cool sculpting on my abdomen

From the photos you appear to be a good candidate for coolsculpting. Consult with a board certified physician who can offer you both surgical and coolsculpting options to review your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting After Pregnancy

Hi there, and thanks for your question. Based solely on your photos, you are a good candidate for CoolSculpting. However, a thorough in-person examination with a board-certified plastic surgeon is necessary to determine whether your abdominal muscles have been weakened or damaged by pregnancy. In that case, you may require a tummy tuck to get the flat, firm results you'd like. Good luck!

Susan M. Stuart, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

CoolSculpting Candidate?

First, congratulations on your commitment to losing weight. Based on your photos, I would say CoolSculpting could provide some of the results you desire, particularly after your further weight loss. It's difficult to say how extensive the results might be without a physical examination. I would suggest you consult a board-certified specialist.

Jody Comstock, MD
Tucson Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting candidate

Well done with the 40lbs weight loss! Based on your pictures, you are an excellent candidate for CoolSculpting. You will need multiple treatments to achieve your desired goal. Visit your board-certified dermatologist for a consultation so they can advise you regarding how many treatments you would need to achieve your goal. 

Adebola Dele-Michael, MD, FAAD

Based on your photos, it looks like you could be a great candidate for Coolsculpting and that the results would be very pleasing. Multiple treatments may be necessary, but an personal consultation with a plastic surgeon will give you a better idea of what will work best for you. 

CoolSculpting

Congratulations on working so hard to lose weight after pregnancy.  Without begin able to examine you, your photos do look like you are a good candidate for CoolSculping, bearing in mind that a repeat treatment in some areas may be necessary depending on what your desired result may be.

Deborah Pan, MD
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculping for Abdomen and Flanks

Based on your photos you would be an excellent candidate for CoolSculpting both for your abdomen and flanks. It appears that you may need two treatments in these areas.  CoolSculpting is perfect for the "bulges" that you can freeze the fat off.  Be certain to find an experienced physician for CoolSculpting for the best results.

Cool sculpting of the lower abdomen

There is no question you can reduce the fat.  The issue will be with the how tight your abdomen is after pregnancy.  If the abdominal muscles are separated then even though you can have improvement by freezing the fat you grab it still won't tight the underlying tissues.

CoolSculpting for Belly and Flanks

Looking at your pictures it is possible that you may see some results from CoolSculpting. However, you will require multiple treatments to each area in order to get the result that you are looking for. Of course an in-person consultation is required to determine whether you are a candidate for sure and how many areas you need treated to give you the best result. One thing to remember is that you have loose skin and stretch marks which can be seen in your pictures and CoolSculpting does not treat these. All the best!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon