I am 72 yrs old and have had botox and restalyne done 3yrs ago. I want to try juviderm xc. Am I too old?

Last time I received injections I had eyebrows like the Devil!! I live close to Tulsa, Ok, Can you recommend a good place? I want my forehead done to remove frown lines but also want some under eye and folds enhanced

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

I suggest an expert  to evaluate your face and consider a combination approach.  fillers can be used at your age without any issues.  I combine with sculptra and/or fat/PRP.  Best, Dr. Emer. 

Hi Lou Lou Belle, You are not too old for Juvederm, Botox or laser. You already look younger than your stated age. These interventions will make you look younger still. I recommend that you consult a board certified dermatologist that has been recommended by one of your friends so you will not be coming out with pointy eyebrows. Good luck, Dr. Downie

Jeanine B. Downie, MD
Montclair Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm, Botox, and Restylane

Thank you for your question lou lou belle. Juvederm is a filler used to enhance the appearance of the face. In our office we routinely treat patients in their 70's. Botox can be used to adjust the position of the brows. When a peaked brow appears, a small amount of Botox can be placed in the upper forehead to correct it. For my patients I recommend Restylane to fill hollows under the eyes. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Age 72 Too Old For Juvederm?

Age is nothing but a number! There's no age limit on feeling good about yourself. It is important to have realistic expectations, no matter one's age, as to what improvements Juvederm can give based on one's facial volume, wrinkle depth and number, and skin elasticity. Best of luck!

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Juvederm XC

Good question!  Juvederm xc or any other HA filler should be safe for you to use. There are no age limits for fillers or botox treatment. Good luck!

Michael Hromadka, MD
Kalispell Physician

Combining Juvederm and Botox to refresh your face.

There is no age limit on self-improvement. The most important consideration for selecting a treatment options is safety. As long as you are generally healthy, office procedures can be performed safely with little to no downtime. I prefer to use a combination of treatments to produce a natural result. Botox will address those actively frowning muscles in your face. Facial fillers will soften folds and improve contour. It's important to have a thorough consultation so the doctor can review your medical history, examine your face, and take some photographs. Using this information she/he can present appropriate treatment options for a safe and happy outcome. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm

Thank you for your question. No you are not too old for Dermal fillers and Botox. These are a great option for facial rejuvenation. I would recommend you make an appointment with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has experience in fillers and Botox in your area. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

I am 72 yrs old and have had botox and restylane done 3yrs ago. I want to try juvederm xc. Am I too old?

Hello lou lou belle - Thanks for your question.  You look much younger than your stated age and that is a great thing.  From what I can tell, your skin looks quite healthy as well.  You should do fine with Juvederm or any other filler.  Just make sure you have an expert injector working on your face.  Your face is too precious to trust to just anyone. Good luck, Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  One is never too old to pursue facial rejuvenation and depending on your desired outcomes and goals injectables provide a natural, noticeable improvement with little downtime.  Botox will work well in your forehead to smooth wrinkles while I would recommend Voluma into your cheeks to improve upon your lower eyelid and smile lines.  Though I can not recommend a specific surgeon, I am attaching a link below to the american society of plastic surgeons website that will allow you to search for board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.  It will give you a list of physicians based on their distance from your location. Hope that this helps.