Is this snoopy deformity? Breast aug 6 weeks post op, under the muscle, silicone, 485cc , inframmary fold incision. (photos)

Hi, I had a breast Augmentation 6 weeks ago and am wondering if my left breast is exhibiting the snoopy deformity? The left breast had a little droopiness prior to surgery and needed a lift, however I was told of i decided not to do the lift it would only Be noticeable naked and wouldn't be noticable in a bathing suit or bra. I'm totally freaking out! I've been using the strap, going braless and aggressively massaging since week one! My Dr is amazing and very reputable, so maybe I'm paranoid

6 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

Its early to talk about results. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Snoopy deformity

Technically it's too early to call it that, but you are correct in what you're thinking, as a "snoopy" deformity is when the implant sits up above the breast.  Also known as a waterfall deformity.  However, as I mentioned, it's still too early, and the implant may settle over time.  If it persists, then you'll need a lift on that side, which I'm sure was discussed.  Implants don't really lift the breast or nipple.  They can give a subtle illusion of lifting, but if you need a lift, you need a lift, to state it plainly.  Nothing terrible, just a rather quick, outpatient surgery.

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question and photos. You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. The breasts may swell asymmetrically. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Concerns 6 weeks after BA

Thank you for your question.  It's still too early to tell.  Allow at least 3 months to pass to allow the implants to settle down more and get a better idea about your results.  Be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Is this a snoopy deformity?

Thank you for sharing your photos. Six weeks is not enough time to evaluate your surgery results, it would be good if you follow the instructions from your plastic surgeon and wait for 3 months post-op.

I hope my answer will help you to your question.

Jairo Ulerio, MD

Is this a snoopy deformity?

It can be hard to say without an exam, though it seems your implants have just not settled in yet and will take more time. Massage can be beneficial, though relaxation and healing will follow its own curve so be patient.

Breast Augmentation Issue

Hard to say without examination, but it may simply be that your implants need to settle into their pockets, and it may take a few more weeks. Check in with your surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Breast augmentation at 6 weeks

At 6 weeks, you are still in the early phases of healing.  You need to give it time to settle and to heal some more.

Breast Implants riding high

Thank you for your question and photos

I humbly request you to not be discouraged and know that you are not alone in feeling this. Large number of women may be panicking over their results a few days to few weeks after surgery and feel awful. After waiting for a few months, they finally get the results they were hoping for.

Implants initially sit high up because the chest muscles and surrounding breast tissues have not become accustomed to the implant resulting in tightness. You have to allow gravity to take effect, and overtime, natural tissue expansion will allow the implants to fall into place causing your breasts to appear more natural, softer, and rounder. Once that happens, the implant will sit directly behind the breast tissue in a natural 45:55 breast ratio, and the nipples will move up higher. Currently, there may be excessive upper pole fullness (> 55:45) in both sides, so in time, this will change.

Please note that it is not uncommon for breasts to heal and adapt to implants at different rates. In fact, the process I described above can occur quicker in one breast over another.

Also note that any asymmetry that existed in breasts before surgery will continue to exist as breast augmentation only works to increase size of the breasts, and it does not fix asymmetry.

You may have to wait 3-6 months for the final results. You are only 6 weeks  into recovery, so there is a lot of time for the “drop and fluff.” If the breasts still appear different at that point in time, then you may share your concerns with your surgeon and they should be able to fix the problem.

With persistent inward and downward breast massaging, along with pole wraps, the breasts drop.

Patience is key!

Please continue to have regular follow-ups with your surgeon to make sure your breasts are healing beautifully. Their recovery instructions should take precedence over all else you read here as they are better informed about your surgical details.

Hope this helps.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Snoopy deformity

It is far too early in the post operative period to be concerned. The implants will drop over time and swelling will resolve in order to assess the result. Since you are very happy with your surgeon I'm sure he/she is very capable and will help you through the recovery process. Good Luck! 

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon