How can I prevent skin cancer?

I used to use tanning beds on and off for 3 years. Never excessive but I'd let's say 3 months each year. I tan very easily and only burn if I lay out in the sun for like 8 hours, but even my burns look mostly brown. I have light colour eyes and dark ish brown hair. I have always tanned very easily. I never got blistering sun burns as a child and when I was in the sun I was super tanned. Going forward, what can I do to help heal my skin from tanning beds? What are my chances of getting melanoma?

Skin care and sun protection

Sun protection and avoiding tanning beds starts the healing process.Retin A and Vitamin C cream can start healing your skin.