What kind of treatment do I need for my lip??

I have a vein or artery in my lip and it makes it look big on the upper right side... you can also feel a pulse, my question is, is there any effective treatment for this??

Doctor Answers 2

Lip blood vessels

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Photo or physical exam needed, but ii sounds like there is a blood vessel, or possibly a group of blood vessels, called a hemangioma. Minor surgical intervention under local anesthesia will be needed. It may be as simple as tying the vessel off. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

Lip Fillers and Blood Vessels

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Without a photo it is difficult to say what type of vessel could be affecting the lips. It sounds like something that could be treated with the V-Beam laser without surgery.  If it is deeper it may require surgery which is much more complicated.  Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.