Should I be happy with these results? I had asymmetrical breast augmentation. (photos)

I am 41 years old, 160lb and finally looked into fixing my significantly asymmetriccal breasts. This is the result after 3 weeks. My right breast was constricted and significantly smaller than the left. The surgeon chose to put a 175cc moderate plus profile nder the muscle and do a mastopexy on the left. I was certain there would slight differences, areola shape, slight variance in volume and of course the lollipop scar, however these look completely different to me.

Should I be happy with the results?

In order to answer your question I think you'd have to wait till you see the final result.  In order for me to render an opinion I too would have to wait for your final results, also I would benefit from seeing your preoperative pictures.   The procedure performed on your left breast is different than the one performed on your right therefore I think your recovery will also be different.  Hang in there. 

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Correcting asymmetry

You are still very early in your recovery process. Your breasts will both continue to heal in separate ways. With significant asymmetry, it is very difficult to make breasts identical. I would suggest being patient and staying in touch with your PS through your recovery. Best of luck!

Correcting asymmetry of the breasts

You do still have a degree of symmetry but you started off with two different shapes.  The right breast appears smaller and it is possible that in the future you would have some improvement with a larger implant on the right as well as an areolar reduction.  

3 week result

You are still very early in the healing process being just 3 weeks out from surgery.  It would be too early to say that you have an asymmetry because your breasts are still swollen, and swelling may not occur equally on both sides, especially given that you had different surgeries on each side.   I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon to get his/her thoughts.   If after 6 months you are not happy with the result you can discuss a revision procedure.

Samir S. Rao, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry.

Breast asymmetry is a difficult condition in which to achieve absolute symmetry post-operatively.  The result often depends on what you started with. 
At three weeks it is too early to assess the result as things will change as the tissues heal. Give it at least six months and stay in touch with your plastic surgeon.

Atul Kesarwani, MD, FRCSC

Mastopexy augmentation for Breast assymetry

Three weeks post breast augmentation with left mastopexy augmentation , is still too early to judge your result . Most of the time breast need at least 6 months to settle down and look more natural. Better is to wait and reevaluate in few months.

Paul Audi, MD
Lebanon Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Asymmetry

You are still quite early in your healing process. It can take anywhere from 3-6 months for your new breasts to fully heal and reveal themselves. For now, I'd advise you to wait until you can assess your final results. If, at that time, you are still unhappy with your asymmetry, then schedule an appointment to speak with your surgeon about revision options. 

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Breast a

In my experience, breast asymmetry can be difficult to get a 100% correction. At three weeks postoperatively it is far too soon to assess the success rate. I recommend following up with your plastic surgeon and think about whether a touch up could improve the results after 3 to 6 months. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast issues

Breast asymmetry can sometimes be tough to improve to a satisfactory level for a patient.  Best to give it time to heal and re-assess in a  few months. You might need a revision.

Should I be happy with these results? I had asymmetrical breast augmentation.

I would offer a secondary surgery to try to gain more symmetry. But that is your decision to make.......