Having gastric bypass in October and so worried about dying. Any suggestions?

Having gastric bypass in October and am so scared that I will die or something terrible will happen. I am 36 years old and 250pds. I hate that the hospital asks you for a will and your next of kin. Should I be worried what are the chances????????????

Risk of death with bariatric surgery

Every operation has risk, but the risk of dying after bariatric surgery should be very low in experienced hands... lower than the risk of having a baby.  Even though gastric bypass is safe, sleeve gastrectomy is even safer.  At your weight, I'm surprised that you are having bypass instead of sleeve.

Bloomfield Hills Bariatric Surgeon