It's been a year since I have had a crown. I have pain; could this be a cavity?

I had a root canal about 5 years ago when I was 17 and couldn't afford a crown. Last year I got a crown put on. It's been a year since I have had the crown and now whenever I take a bite out of chocolate or something sweet my tooth under the crown is so sensitive and hurts. The pain is only brief. It feels as though I have a cavity or something under there or the tooth is dying. If the tooth was dying would it continue to hurt or would I not be able to feel pain. Could this be a cavity?

Pain under crown

often when a tooth is filled or crowned the mere act causes small changes to the internal circulation and health of the tooth.   And with time,  these small changes lead to the problems you are currently experiencing . This is called pulpitis and with time the pain that you are experiencing will increase and not subside.   You should probably treat the tooth with an Endodontist  and have a Rootcanal done .  Your tooth may calm down for awhile but ultimately the tooth will start to hurt again. But you should treat the tooth with a Rootcanal before your symptoms get worse . 

Beverly Hills Dentist

Pain with root canal and #crown #DrSoftTouch

I would recommend seeing your dentist to have the tooth evaluated. One possibility is that a cavity has developed under or around the crown causing pain. Another possibility is that the root canal is failing. You will need to see your dentist for a thorough exam and an x-ray to determine the cause of your pain. I hope this helps. Follow me for more questions and answers.