What is this and how do I get rid of it? (Photo)

I've had 2 vagina births since my last I've just had this hanging out And can't even bring myself to have sex with my husband what can I do?

What is this and what can I do about it?

The extra skin shown on the photo are remnants of your hymenal ring.  These have been distorted from the vaginal deliveries.  The procedure to remove them is fairly simple and can be done under local or IV sedation.

Hymen remnants

Hello there

Thank you for your question

These are perfectly normal anatomical remnants of the hymen ring. They can be removed if required. As they seem to be a concern it is worth speaking to a specialist to discuss further

Good luck

Hymenal tags gone wild after vaginal childbirth

These are hymenal tags. Leftover skin tags from when your hymen broke. It appears that they became distorted after childbirth. They are not a medical problem, but can be removed in the office if you wish.

What is this and how do I get rid of it?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  These "tags" are remnants of your hymenal ring and can be removed with a small in-office procedure.  Hope this helps

What is this hanging out of my vagina?

Dear Lauren,

Thank you for writing in with your question and sharing your photo.

What you are seeing is normal and are pieces of the hymen that were damaged and torn apart during your deliveries.  They are called hymeneal caruncles.  They can be easily trimmed in the office to reduce their size so they don't protrude.  Let me also reassure you that your husband probably doesn't even know they are there and is just glad to physically be with you.

If sex has changed for you since your deliveries, you may also be interested in vaginal rejuvenation procedures to help improve sensation.  You can read more about these procedures at the link below.

I hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Troy R. Hailparn, MD, FACOG

Cosmetic Gynecology Center of San Antonio

Troy Hailparn, MD
San Antonio OB/GYN

Tissue hanging out of vaginal opening

Hello Lauren,

Sorry to hear about how this has impacted your interest in sex. What you see are hymenal remnants or tags that may occur after first having sex and especially after a vaginal delivery. The fact that they are so large and many suggests that you may have had some vaginal tears during your second delivery.

Your options depend on whether you want to have more kids or not and whether you have other vaginal complaints or symptoms such as vaginal looseness or pelvic prolapse.

If you want more kids and have no other complaints then you can ask your gynecologist to remove these protruding tags. This can be done easily in the office under local anesthesia.

If you are finished having more children and you have other vaginal relaxation complaints then you may want to undergo reconstructive and cosmetic vaginal surgery. For best results you should see a Urogynecologist with experience and interest in vaginal rejuvenation. See link below for more information on this subspecialty training and services.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Vaginal hymenal remnants

We see this all the time and if it bothers you then remove it. 

To remove these projection like areas is straightforward and rather simple.  We do these under local anesthesia in our office setting.

Recovery is relatively fast and it will not change the tightness of your vagina.

Best of luck.

Hymenal caruncles

these are remnants of the hymenal ring. They can be surgical excised.  This will not loosen  your vagina as they are only skin

John  R Mikos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills~ Dubai