Is a Breast Lift a must? Was hoping just to get Implants. (photos)

I'm wanting Breast implants, but have been advised to have an uplift? Is the uplift a must or will implants give me better fuller looking breast?

I think a breast lift is a must

Hello Wanna, 

Judging by the photograph, I would say that a breast lift would be necessary to improve the shape of your breasts and then you could have implants if you wanted your breasts to be larger.

You would need a consultation with a plastic surgeon to go over what could be achieved and our professional associations - BAPRAS and BAAPS publish a list of members on their website.  I have also written a book called "Never Accept A Lift From Strangers - how to choose the best plastic surgeon for your cosmetic breast surgery", which you may find helpful.  Good luck.

Breast lift a must, or will implants be enough?

Hello, some patients with lower nipples on the breasts area want to avoid breast lift scars even if they do not get much improvement in nipple perkiness.  Others would rather have improved nipple position and breast shape and are not as worried about breast lift scars.  If you seek one or more consultations with experienced plastic surgeons they will be able to give you a better sense of the potential outcomes after they do a proper assessment.

Is a Breast Lift a must? Was hoping just to get Implants

The breast implant alone will make you fuller/ larger. Whether that makes you better is in your mind's eye. If you are willing to accept larger fuller breast that are low slung on your rib cage, then implants without a lift are OK. You cannot expect a breast implant to lift your new breast mound any higher than it is at present

Julio Garcia, MD

Uplift or implants

I think you would probably be best served with an uplift. You may not actually need implants at all. If you are basically happy with your size, you could have an uplift, which would give you the shape you want, but would be much less likely to need re-do surgery in years to come. You can really only make an informed decision after an in depth consultation with a reputable surgeon, preferably one that can offer 3-D imaging to show you what is achievable. Best of luck.

James Murphy, FRCS(Plast)
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Is a Breast Lift a must? Was hoping just to get Implants.

Thank you for the question and picture.  

Although definitive advice would require in-person evaluation, I think that it is likely that you will benefit from breast lifting as well as breast augmentation surgery.  Based on your photographs, I would be concerned that you will not be pleased with the long-term outcome achieved with breast augmentation surgery only. 

I do not suggest that you utilize larger breast implants (than you will feel comparable with physically or psychosocially) in the attempt to avoid the need for breast lifting. Again, consider all these concerns as well as the longevity of any procedure as you consider options.

Of course, breast augmentation/lifting surgery is a more complicated procedure (and more complication prone);  careful selection of plastic surgeon and careful communication of goals will be key.  Furthermore, you will need to carefully consider the trade-offs (such as additional scarring) associated with breast lifting versus the upsides briefly discussed above.

Generally speaking, patients undergoing this combination operation should understand that it is significantly more complex than breast augmentation surgery only and that it is associated with will a significantly higher risk of complications and need for additional surgery.  Again, it will be important that you educate yourself regarding the pros/cons/risks/complications associated with breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Only after doing so can you make an informed decision whether or not to proceed. You will find a lot of information on this website and on the attached link.

Also, generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 

2. Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery. The use of temporary intraoperative sizers with the patient in the upright position makes selection of the best breast implant size/profile relatively easy.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Breast lift with augmentation

With your current shape putting in a larger implant to fill things out will inevitably lead to a large sagging breast. You would get the best result with a full breast lift with augmentation. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon. Best wishes. 

Dean Vistnes, MD.

Vistnes Plastic Surgery

San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself #breastlift #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Lifts needed for optimal results

Thank you for your question and photos. From what I see on the photo, you have sagging breasts with low nipples.  The implants can give you fullness, however the loose breast tissue will slide off of the implants which gives a double contour/snoopy deformity.  The lift is needed to move the nipple and breast tissue higher so that it can be centered over the implant for a much better cosmetic result.  Good luck.