I'm suffer gynecomastia..its looking at a girl. Any suggestions? (photos)

Doctor Answers 6

I'm suffer gynecomastia..its looking at a girl. Any suggestions?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for the question and picture. Yes you do have gynecomastia or breast hypertrophy and will likely benefit from breast reduction surgery once you have reached your long-term stable weight, if you are not there already.  Seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons (who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with similar starting anatomic points) to discuss options.    You will find  much discussion of options on this website and on the attached link as well. Best wishes.

About Gynecomastia and Treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect men of all different body types.
According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades.
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement.

Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.
There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.

Jed H. Horowitz, MD, FACS
Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 116 reviews

Treatment for gynecomastia?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question. This is a common problem for men that I routinely am consulted for in my practice. I have found a combination of Smartlipo and direct excision, if necessary works great to normalize the appearance of the male chest. This is typically done as an in office procedure under local ( tumescent) anesthesia. Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience treating this condition. Best wishes.


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello,  thank you for sharing your doubts and photos.   You have gynecomastia and it can be corrected with very good results with surgery.   Liposuction and perhaps direct excision of the mammary gland could be performed to correct this condition.  Best of luck. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 99 reviews

Treatment of Gynecomastia

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The first thing you need to do is lose significant weight down to a BMI below 25. If this does not solve the issue, you need to be evaluated by your family doctor to see if there is any underlying medical cause. If not, a board certified plastic surgeon can take care of the problem with a, usually, minimal operation.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
first option would be to attempt significant weight loss. If that does not improve the situation enough this is a standard surgical procedure performed by many BCPS. See if you can find one that specializes in the "Scarless" procedure which is done completely through a tiny almost invisible spot inside your armpit. This can remove fat plus gland tissue if it's present. Hope this does not come to surgery and solved just by the weight loss. Good luck in either case. 

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.